LegacyGT.com

5eat tune question

rowteree

i got my 5eat tuned a few weeks back with my vf52. My graph pulled up 265whp and 280tq. Anyone care to take a guess how much crank hp that actually is?

i have a spt intake laying around and my tgv deletes are about to arrive here on tuesday. Tuner said those two things might help the top end hp since my hp curve takes a dip after 4500 rpm.

with those two things i hope to hit atleast 280whp and 300tq. Is it possible with stock injectors and just a walbro 255?

I figure we have about a 20% drivetrain loss. So you put down 80% of your crank hp. So take your whp and divide by .8..... 265/.8 = 325hp and 280/.8 = 350tq. So you should be at roughly 325 hp and 350 tq.

Hopefully someone chimes in with your injector question. I would guess with a VF 52 it would be similar to a 16g where you could run stock fueling.

From what I hear, forget the SPT intake.

A lot probably depends on the dyno. From what I've read I don't think there is an agreed number. I hear 20% a lot but the MT guys are also saying it. Dunno, 20% may be general ballpark.

must have Hexmods F1 Valvebody

do it before tranny assplosion!

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

Does he have a website? Or would i have to pm him to get a quote

Best thing to do is probably PM him. My 5eat ran fine at stage 2, but when I switched to the 18G, it went out in a couple months. After teh F1, I can run E85 with my 18G with no problems.

• 2 weeks later...

just got my car retuned after my tgvs were installed. Made 263awhp and 321awtq.

My tuners initial test run he some how managed to squeeze out 280awhp and 384awtq from just a vf52. I was shocked and so was he. His took a degree of timing and it was still making 270awhp and 363awtq. He was convinced that the transmission wouldn't last a week until i upgraded the valve body.

He took 2 more degrees of timing out and thats the number i landed at after everything was said and done.

Maybe after my hexmods f1 valve body is installed and i drive it for another month or so, ill be looking to upgrade to 740cc injectors and install grimmspeed crosspipe and ported exhaust manifolds

Archived