LegacyGT.com

[DENT] my first one

tito_b0y

Here's the original thread

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77180&highlight=dent

Ok, it's been months since this happened. It's spring and every time I think of giving my car a thorough wash/cleaning, I think of the dent and become discouraged. :(

There's a small pimple-like crack, and it looks like the clear coat is bubbling up(?). I asked my dad if I can take it to a body shop and he tells me to take it to Subaru and see if they can fix it.

First question that comes to mind is "they do body work?" and my dad says if it's under $500 it should be under warranty.

DOES Subaru deal with body work? My dealership is Lynne's in Bloomfield. And does anybody here know of any good PDR or body shops around Clifton or Bergenfield/Paramus?

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

OOOOOOhhh man. First of all, RUN AWAY from Lynnes. Horror stories from everyone who went there. There are much better dealerships in our area. Go to Oradell or Wayne. Second, it is highly doubtful that any dealership would even bother with a paint defect caused by a dent. But maaaybe if you're a sweet talker... who knows?

OOOOOOhhh man. First of all, RUN AWAY from Lynnes. Horror stories from everyone who went there. There are much better dealerships in our area. Go to Oradell or Wayne. Second, it is highly doubtful that any dealership would even bother with a paint defect caused by a dent. But maaaybe if you're a sweet talker... who knows?

Yea, well Costco's the one to blame for pointing us in Lynne's direction. I had originally wanted to go to the one on Kinderkamack road in Oradell since I'm always in Bergenfield.

Is it possible to transfer over? lol..

This is the company that you need:

http://www.colorsfranchise.com/local_contacts.php

They'll take care of the dent and paint.

Just look for someone local to you.

X

Hmm, the closest one seems to be about 40 minutes away from me in Millington.

Anyone had their dents fixed from these guys?

Yea, well Costco's the one to blame for pointing us in Lynne's direction. I had originally wanted to go to the one on Kinderkamack road in Oradell since I'm always in Bergenfield.

Is it possible to transfer over? lol..

What do you mean by "transfer over"? It's your choice where you service your car. There is no contract telling you where you need to service it. Just because they sold you the car doesn't mean they own you for service. And trust me... When the Lynnes Subaru name comes up on this forum, it's never for a good reason.

What do you mean by "transfer over"? It's your choice where you service your car. There is no contract telling you where you need to service it. Just because they sold you the car doesn't mean they own you for service. And trust me... When the Lynnes Subaru name comes up on this forum, it's never for a good reason.

So the service booklet with the coupons can be used at any Subaru dealership?

They're dealership coupons for free oil changes, tire rotations, etc. But it says they're only redeemable at Lynne's.

I'll probably go check out Liberty Subaru when I need to get my next oil change then.

Archived