LegacyGT.com

2005 LGT stock cans

Does the 05 LGT wagon stock cans fit an 05 Sedan? I simply can't find any resources that will tell me that - believe it or not, not even from my dealer. If anyone knows from experience or a fact, I'd appreciate it VERY, VERY much!

Thanks very much in advance!

Simon

Which do you have? I have a full sedan exhaust system sitting in my workshed.

05 Sedan that needs OEM stock cans only. I have a seller who has been extremely accomodating and a pleasure to deal with but both of us do not know if his wagon stock cans will fit on mine.

I guess you know the cat backs are different between the sedan and wagon, but I am not sure if the difference is in the piping, or in the cans themselves. I believe (please correct me if someone knows better) that the only difference is the length of the tips on the wagon (wagon is longer).

05 LGT muffler part number (sedan): R 44300AG29A

.......................................................: L 44300AG28A

05 LGT muffler part number (wagon): R 44300AG31A

........................................................: L 44300AG30A

05 LGT rear pipe (includes Y-pipe): 44200AG08A (sedan and wagon)

And while I am at it,

05 Outback muffler part number: R44300AG33A

.................................................: L44300AG32A

05 Outback rear pipe : 44200AG07A

And yes, there are difference in the chrome "finisher to"

05 LGT finisher pipe (sedan): R/L 4371AG190

...............................(wagon): R/L 4437AG200

LittleBlueGT: OMG!!! you are the frikkin BOMB! THANK YOU!!!!

I suppose the tail pipe is longer on the wagon and even possibly the Hanger locations?

Different part numbers typlicaly mean that they are meant specifically for a specific model. Correct?

Thanks agian, LittleBlueGT!

LittleBlueGT: OMG!!! you are the frikkin BOMB! THANK YOU!!!!

I suppose the tail pipe is longer on the wagon and even possibly the Hanger locations?

Different part numbers typlicaly mean that they are meant specifically for a specific model. Correct?

Thanks agian, LittleBlueGT!

I don't know what the differences are, but I do know that aftermarket exhausts only have a longer tip for the wagon.

To me that means that the hanger locations are the same, and you could easily use sedan mufflers on a wagon, then just extend the tips.

Would wagon cans look weird in sedans, then? If what you say is true (probably, since it makes sense) How far out do you think the wagon tip will extend out of the bumper?

I am sure others know better then me, I think it is about 2 inches.

I am pretty sure you could just cut the ends, cut the tips, and put them back on.

Archived