LegacyGT.com

Turn fog lights on without headlights on?

King08

Has anyone accomplished being able to turn on your fog lights without having to turn on the headlights? I'm sure its just a simple bit of wiring but I wasn't sure. I have a 2008 Legacy...thanks!

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/100-independent-foglight-mod-no-wire-cutting-splicing-method-35066.html?t=35066&highlight=independent+fog

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fully-independent-fogs-lights-10782.html?t=10782&highlight=independent+fog

You'll want to carefully read through both of these threads.

Note that the OPs are dated 2006 and 2005. Your 2008 may have wiring differences that will need to be accounted for, which may not be mentioned in the OPs, but likely will be cited in each threads' follow-up posts. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ :lol: - I'm no lighting guru, but I'm flattered you think of me as such! :redface:

Truly, that role belongs to those like outahere, for his comprehensive and constantly updated legal and technological information (of which you also have come through with, repeatedly, with your past industry experience - don't short yourself, my good brother to the North!), as well as the likes of mr_luv, VXCL, etc., for their involvement in HID retrofits and accent lighting. There's also a good crop of new LED-accent/replacement guys, like ArcTec34, who seem eager to both tackle new ideas and projects as well as share, in-detail, the how-to knowledge that's so important to an open enthusiast community like ours. :)

I just have a slightly longer memory than the average guy, which, in combined with having been here for a while, gives me a leg-up on the search engine manipulation. :D

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

^ What I'm eager for is LED forward lighting.

I wanna see someone retro an Audi R8 setup into ours. :D

But in terms of practicality, I totally agree, re-doing interior lighting with LEDs is both cost-effective as well as truly can make a "night/day" difference in visibility. My stuff from V-LEDs is still going strong, now into the 3rd year.

Archived