LegacyGT.com

How to Buy a New Subaru at 2% Below Dealer Invoice Without Haggling

Jon in CT

Hello, I'm new to Legacy.com. I bin thinking of buying a 2005 and up Legacy LGT for about a month now. But I heard from my job that we get a lot of discounts on a lot of stuff. So I did some snooping and came up with that I can get discounts from like 10 different car Types like Nissan , Audi 6% , Honda ,Subaru And so on. So I asked around they told me what I had to do and this is what I received in the mail week later. If you notice I have no vehicle Preference or on what car I can't get discounted other that demos and used. And other thing is I don't have to pay a dime for the VIP program because I'm a Supplier . Because I build the hydraulic control boxes for Subaru. But what I don't understand is how much is my discount every one is talking about 2% . And I noticed a thread before me someone got the same thing and it even said 2% on the bottom of the page :confused:. Mabey I get more of a discount I don't no! :iam: P.s. My grammar Sucks LOL. :spin:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/stealitall/DD3C9F54.jpghttp://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/stealitall/527A6725.jpghttp://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/stealitall/untitled.jpg

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are actually different tiers of the VIP program. I posted this link earlier in this thread: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24228&d=1157857078. According to that, the normal VIP program for employees of Subaru and suppliers/vendors is invoice pricing. The VIP program for members of Subaru partners (the ones listed in Post 1 here) is 2% under invoice. I got my car in October '06 for 2% under invoice and I also got a $150 L.L. Bean gift certificate through the VIP partner program at the time. Of course that was over a year ago, so they could have changed the offer.

^^^ This is why

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

• 1 month later...

It looks like it is possible to get rebates and special finance at the same time from SOA. For example, for a 3.0R (my interest) there is a $750 rebate and a rate of 4.50% for 2009 model. I understand that the rebate can be taken in addition to the "2% less than invoice" price of the VIP program. Does anyone know if you can also get special financing in addition to the VIP price?

Thanks

It looks like it is possible to get rebates and special finance at the same time from SOA. For example, for a 3.0R (my interest) there is a $750 rebate and a rate of 4.50% for 2009 model. I understand that the rebate can be taken in addition to the "2% less than invoice" price of the VIP program. Does anyone know if you can also get special financing in addition to the VIP price?

Thanks

yes

• 3 weeks later...

I just corresponded with Dave (The guy from Leave No Trace) and this is what he stated:

"Yes, you can save anywhere from $1300-3,300 off of a new or leased Subaru. It is 2% off of MSRP."

Still talking to the man, I'll reverify with him.

• 2 months later...
;1917893']Your location indicates UK. Be aware that this Subaru VIP partners discount is only available to purchasers in the 49 continental states of the US.

49 CONTINENTAL states??? or do you mean including AK and not Hawaii??

49 CONTINENTAL states??? or do you mean including AK and not Hawaii??
Isn't Alaska a part of the North American continent? :)

Hawaii is excluded from the SOA VIP programs because Subaru of Hawaii buys its cars directly from FHI and not from SOA.

• 2 weeks later...
;2034313']Isn't Alaska a part of the North American continent? :)

Hawaii is excluded from the SOA VIP programs because Subaru of Hawaii buys its cars directly from FHI and not from SOA.

ORLY??? Didn't know that.

and I dont' think AK has ever been referred to as part of the Continental states since there's another country between us and the rest of civilization.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
I did some searching and couldn't find the answer to this question so here it is: Can this Subaru VIP discount be combined with any rebates/incentives that may be offered on a vehicle?

;2034313']Isn't Alaska a part of the North American continent? :)

So Hawaii doesn't get the Indiana made Legacys like the rest of us?

I did some searching and couldn't find the answer to this question so here it is: Can this Subaru VIP discount be combined with any rebates/incentives that may be offered on a vehicle?

It just so happens that I have a current SUBARU (SOA) VIP PARTNERS voucher sitting on my desk waiting for me to take it to my chosen area Subaru dealership for redemption. In bold, italicized and underlined type the SOA VIP Program Authoriztion (voucher) states verbatim:

VIP PARTNER PROGRAM PRICING IS DEALER INVOICE COST MINUS 2%
AND ANY APPLICABLE
DEALER AND CUSTOMER
CASH INCENTIVES.

I believe this answers your question unequivocally and without ambiguity :).

It just so happens that I have a current SUBARU (SOA) VIP PARTNERS voucher sitting on my desk waiting for me to take it to my chosen area Subaru dealership for redemption. In bold, italicized and underlined type the SOA VIP Program Authoriztion (voucher) states verbatim:

VIP PARTNER PROGRAM PRICING IS DEALER INVOICE COST MINUS 2%
AND ANY APPLICABLE
DEALER AND CUSTOMER
CASH INCENTIVES.

I believe this answers your question unequivocally and without ambiguity :).

That is sweet news! Thank you Catsmeow. :)

• 2 weeks later...

My salesperson just left Subaru. I had a good run with him, buying 3 cars with VIP pricing without ever having to join any club and wait 6 months or getting buying papers mailed to me.

So now, which club should I join, hmmmm.

Imba

my salesperson just left subaru. I had a good run with him, buying 3 cars with vip pricing without ever having to join any club and wait 6 months or getting buying papers mailed to me.

So now, which club should i join, hmmmm.

IMBA sent me a mailing a couple of months ago about this program. So, they were still doing it in the very recent past, at least.

Someone recently told me that these clubs aren't doing this anymore. Is that accurate? Do we have an updated list of clubs that are still participating?

• 2 months later...
I'm looking at buying an 09 2.5i SE. Anyone have any idea whether I can get a better deal with the VIP program or just haggling with the dealer? Also, with VIP can you get the exact color/options you want by having the dealer swap with another dealer without paying extra? (I know they're not making the '09s anymore at the factory)

I believe you have to take it from dealer inventory, so no swapping. If you want that car, I would suggest searching local inventories and saying you wanted to go to that inventory when you contact your club.

Also, I think this is the best method as opposed to haggling