LegacyGT.com

Little rust spots

Enlight

Has anyone else noticed some little specks on their legacy? I'm not sure if it's rust, but it looks a lot like it. I can, however, scrape it off with my fingernails, but there is still some brownish residue. It looks like it is on the paint, bad paint job? I saw a couple specks on my rear driver side fender, and while washing it today, I noticed some on the roof. Anyone else have this? I wonder what the dealership could do about this, short of a complete repainting. Maybe I can get it repainted BMW dark gray, my favorite color on a car.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

do they look like very little brown specs. And when you scrape it off it leaves a little soft residue. If so thats just some natural stuff I think, I have had those little specs on my WRX and LGT. They are a little anoying but once I get a garage I shouldn't have to worry about them as much. If it was really rust there wouldn't be any on your hood, and when you brush them off their would be bare metal underneath them.

Here are 3 possiblities.... 1) Tree sap (park under or near any pine, or maple trees?) 2) Bug $hit 3) Rail dust (if it actually looks and feels like rust on the surface)

[quote name='Enlight']I think it might be rail dust, because it does look and feel like rust, but it's on the roof and side. [/quote] Rail dust comes when it's new and in transport from the factory. Subaru uses the white plastic to protect their cars from this. Unless it was there from the beginning? I really don't know. Do you or your dealer live REAL close to active RR tracks? If not, it's likely not rail dust.

• 3 years later...

Archived