LegacyGT.com

Seatbelt replacement??

Hey guy's, Is it easy to switch out a seat belt? My daughters 98 Outback needs a new drivers side Front seatbelt. Hers isn't retracting AND the webbing is unraveling. Not even worth putting it on right now. A couple people are parting out cars in the area and I'm guessing I can pick one up pretty cheap. Any tips on doing the replacement??

I would believe removing the B pillar trim will be the hardest part (without breaking it). I believe most seat belts bolt in with large Torx head fasteners.

If the plan is for her to drive the car for a few more years, I would seriously consider buying a new belt rather than a used one. Belts are stressed when a car is in an accident and they restrain a passenger and should not be reused. You want that part to work correctly if your daughter is ever in an accident.

It is still ugly.

• I Donated
I'll call the dealer Monday. Thanks!!!!

No problem man. They will ask you for your VIN when you call.

There is a recall out for the control arms and the throttle body...as well as the hazard light switch. So ask them to check to see if those recalls have been fixed / checked in the past. Oh yeah, there is also some bullcrap guard that they put under the spring on the front struts to prevent the spring from flying off if the strut ever fails due to rust/corrosion.

When I went, I would up (all for free) with new seatbelts, new control arms, an alignment, and a new hazard switch. They had to do an alignment since they took the control arms off.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I just scheduled to have my driver's seat belt replaced and the spring guards recall taken care of on Monday! My seat belt is all tore up where the little clip rests when clipped in. There is a Service Alert for the alternator also. Does this mean they just check it and make sure its working right?

Archived