LegacyGT.com

Is this a fair price? How much to balance?

bluechipbmw

I am replacing my RE92's with Continental ContiExtremeContact (225/45/17). Below is quote got from mavis online but after speaking to a local mavis shop they gave me a better price of $114.98 which includes mounting and balancing. Is this a fair price?

I did notice tirerack has the tires at $96....but if I were to bring them to any tire shop how much would it cost (per tire) me to have them mounted, balanced, and valve?

Web-Price Tires (Qty: 1)$94.00 Installation Center Overhead and Stocking fee more$23.99 High-Speed Balancing and Valve more$11.99 Total$129.98** plus taxes

Tirerack tried to charge me almost 40 dollars per wheel to mount and balance - until I told them that I ordered the wheels through the tirerack.com - they have a deal with tirerack and will mount / balance for $15 per wheel. they may require a reciept - but didnt when i was there.

Discount Tire charged me $100 to dismount my OEM tires and remount and balance them on another set of wheels. They borked one of my new (slightly used) wheels (a chromed stocker--yeah, laugh all you want, but I like them) and it cost them $450 to replace it. Wherever you go, ask them if they can mount tires without effin things up and see what their policy is if they do.

My Subaru dealer quoted me $75 to do the same change over.

It is still ugly.

Definitely check around, I had a hell of a time finding a good price it ranged from 200 bucks all the way down to 70 bucks for mounting tires on rims with balancing. I just bought new rims and wanted to put my RE92's on them for summer use. Some places get offended when you bring in tires/rims that you didn't buy from them and want them to do the work on it.

Archived