LegacyGT.com

any1 have a sub in their trunk??

fujiisan

hey guys, check this out... i made a fiberglass box in my trunk to run my JL sub, i didnt want to kill trunk space so i put it in the little nook in the driver side. there still is 100% access to my spare tire, and the best part is it sounds great!!! i didnt think it would come out this well... lets see the other sound/ subwoofer modifications in the new leggys... they dont have anything as for sub boxes for them yet., so lets see what u guys have come up with!

Looks fantastic. I like the design in that it does not take a huge amount of space. Could you have also put it on the passengers side? Did you run a new power lines and an amp or can the OEM junk in the trunk power?

Off topic1 - Who makes those silver rims?

Off topic2 - How's the BMC DP? Alex got his installed and tuned on Friday. The stage II has been awsome for me.

hey guys, check this out... i made a fiberglass box in my trunk to run my JL sub, i didnt want to kill trunk space so i put it in the little nook in the driver side. there still is 100% access to my spare tire, and the best part is it sounds great!!! i didnt think it would come out this well... lets see the other sound/ subwoofer modifications in the new leggys... they dont have anything as for sub boxes for them yet., so lets see what u guys have come up with!

Looks good man. You have 2 2010 legacy(s)???

I wonder if this would fit the 5th gens:

http://www.stereoclarity.com/?page_id=555

looks like that will fit... looks good too, but im sure it takes the place of the spare tire.

-i only have 1 2010 GT, i have a 2011 3.6r limited too, and a 96 Legacy L wagon :) thats why i got my sign that's in my avatar. lol

Looks fantastic. I like the design in that it does not take a huge amount of space. Could you have also put it on the passengers side? Did you run a new power lines and an amp or can the OEM junk in the trunk power?

Off topic1 - Who makes those silver rims?

Off topic2 - How's the BMC DP? Alex got his installed and tuned on Friday. The stage II has been awsome for me.

it will not fit on passanger side as is, but i coulda definately made it for the pass side, but i had the wires for my reverse camera on the passenger side, and if i ever had to get at them it woulda been alittle difficult.

i have a 1200 watt jl amp powering the sub hidden nicely under my spare tire. factory amp will do nothing. lol i have absoutely nothing from the factory sound in my car.

-offtopic1- rims are roh adreneline rims. 38mm offset 18x8 with 245-45-18's i think they look ok, but i got them new for only 400 so i wasent genna be picky. in the summer i wanna get something with a similar offset and size, but in black chrome. possibly some work wheels.

-offtopic2- more problems with a boost leak somewhere... it was good for alil, but same prob as before, going back to subaru on thurs.

Did you form the enclosure yourself or shape it from something purchased? Looks great, must sound way better. On off topic #2 - WTFO? You have not had a good time with this. Hope they find the issue and correct. Until then, do you have to stay out of boost or low boost?

looks like that will fit... looks good too, but im sure it takes the place of the spare tire.

-i only have 1 2010 GT, i have a 2011 3.6r limited too, and a 96 Legacy L wagon :) thats why i got my sign that's in my avatar. lol

Haha... nice.

You get to keep the spare tire. Well, at least on the 4th gens you get to keep the spare tire. :)

lol

Hmmmmm..... Maybe I'll do a group thing here ... Lol any1 else want 1????? I can charge 250 plus shipping.. Nacron, if are serious get bac to me asap because my sis is here visiting from Oahu. I can send it back with her since she traveled light. I can try have it done by sat. Every1 else lemme know . :)

I managed to get a new Jeep cherokee sub.. it's fitted "close".. just have to figure out how to cut and shave it a bit more.. and mount it so it doesn't keep flopping around. Right now I have so much crap in my trunk it's sitting pretty in the passenger side wheel well bump ;) I love that custom look, wanted to do that myself, but no time nor effort.

very nice. I made/make these for the 05-09 crowd and they're a wonderful box instead of taking up half the trunk while still getting some boom.

I bet that you could make a mold for it and make some more for the 10+ crowd. There will def be a need for them soon enough.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Archived