LegacyGT.com

HID Bouncing?

GrayT

Just put my HIDs in, and the light output seems pretty good except for one thing.

When I hit a decent sized bump, it looks like I have a loose headlight thats bouncing, creating the light pattern to move up and down. I am 99% sure that when I mounted the bulbs into the housing that they were sitting flush, but I'm also thinking that the bulb is just loose inside the housing.

Could that be the issue, or would the HID kit (ballasts, connections, bulbs, etc...) be a possibility?

I haven't tried to do any tests since I noticed this only coming to work tonight, but I was just wondering what you guys might think the culprit could be so I know what to look for when I get some free time to check it out.

i had this same problem with my old HID kit - and it was very annoying. I recently got an apexcone kit from xenonexpert and the bouncing doesnt happen anymore. It is the same housing, etc, as before so it makes me thing the bulb of my old lights was loose within it's mounting. Perhaps it was poorly attached to its base.

Archived