Engine speed

Engine load

Maf V

Maf g/sec

Knock Sum

Manifold pressure (corrected)

Total timing

WGDC

IAM - I usually check it before and after the run - no real reason to log it. This should be at "1" all the time.

Optional (IMO):

Fine Learning Knock Correction

Feedback Knock Correction

You should do a learning view..More info here: http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=7397

Please put the time format back to normal. 25:27.6 25:27.7 format is annoying to look at. ;)

Vehicle speed is pretty useless, you might want to get rid of that and instead, if you want, log Gear. Also get rid of Knock Correction Advance. Log FBKC (1-byte) and FLKC (1-byte) and Knock Sum. Get rid of Fuel Consumption and Fuel level. Get rid of MAF voltage. Get rid of Manifold Relative Pressure (corrected) but instead log MRP Sea Level (4-byte). Add in Throttle Plate Opening Angle

These parameters should give you a good idea of the general health of your car. If it shows any problems, you can add more parameters as needed depending on what we see.

The good news is the LV looks mostly clean but it does have that -2.80 degrees of knock at mid-load, low RPM. Have you been accelerating in 3rd/4th/5th at lowering RPMs? This can cause knock. Don't bog your engine down like that.

Your AF trims are well within range.

You probably didn't hurt anything, but it certainly isn't good for the car.

My personal rule of thumb is 3rd/4th/5th you should at least be at 2KRPM to accelerate, even lightly. WOT is even okay in all of those gears at 2K+ but for 5th, you should preferably be above 2500 if you're going to go WOT or you'll just build up a lot of boost and accomplish nothing until you get to 3K anyway.

Below 2KRPM requires a downshift to 2nd/1st.

Problem...I have updated RR with the latest Logger Defs(V.82), using RR v5.5+ and I do not have the option to log FBKC. It does not show up in the list of parameters. Neither does Knock Summary. It is possible that my ECU does not support these parameters? I am at a loss here.

Problem...I have updated RR with the latest Logger Defs(V.82), using RR v5.5+ and I do not have the option to log FBKC. It does not show up in the list of parameters. Neither does Knock Summary. It is possible that my ECU does not support these parameters? I am at a loss here.

You won't see those until your laptop is connected to the ECU in your car. They are "extended" parameters.

Not really. Your log looks fine, the LV looks mostly fine. If you want to double check stuff, do a WOT pull in 3rd gear from 2000 to redline. You need a long stretch of straight road with no cars to do this as you'll be doing about 90 around redline.

I have the perfect road for that. No sidestreets and hardly any traffic. Perfectly flat for about a mile and tall trees on either side. The only place a cop could be is in front of me or behind me...in plain site. I pushed my Leggy up to 121 yesterday morning here. Is there a governor on our cars that limits top speed?

Archived