LegacyGT.com

Interpret learning view log for me?

Haight 05LGT

Mmm. Check for leaks. You won't see misfire in LV until it's bad enough to throw a code. Load up RR logger and check misfire count and AFR learning and adjustment ranges at idle and light load.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

OP - what are your mods (if any)?

You should enable the DTC reader - just to confirm you do not have any stored codes.

IMO the LV looks ok - your fuel trims are more off than I like to see, but all within a perfectly normal range. I do not think it's a leak - but it could be better. You have 1 learned knock event at a relatively moderate load - keep an eye on that to make sure it is not recurring.

Like Fahr said - you need to log to get a better understanding of what is happening.

You should enable the DTC reader - just to confirm you do not have any stored codes.

Looking at the internet on cellphones... :rolleyes:

I didn't see the small text. Enable DTC reader! Even if you have no active CEL you may have a stored code.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I know that I have one stored code. It is po244. I already found that the vacuum hose from the wastegate to the bcs was unplugged. Got it back together and the code hasn't come back. I will try loading up RR logger tonight after work and post my findings then. Thanks guys.

I am bone stock. Except for Hog-zaust. Which I plan on removing this week. Was a nice sound for a little while.

I cant seem to get romraider to work. I log a 3rd gear pull from 2k to redline. When i go to open the saved run, it is a blank excel sheet, apart from the options that I chose to log. Also, what options should I select for a standard rom raider log?

at the bottom of the logger window, you'll see a message " querying ecu " or "no response from ecu".

That or you can just look at your selected parameters in dashboard view and just make sure that the numbers are fluctuating ( getting constant information from ecu in real time)

Mostly tuners want to see :

Engine Speed (rpm)

Engine Load (g/rev) 2-byte IAM 1-byte

Ignition Timing Total (degrees)

Knock Sum (count)

Manifold Rel. Pressure (psi) 4-byte

Mass Air Flow (g/s)

Mass Air Flow volts

Primary Wastegate Duty Cycle (%)

Throttle Angle

If you're troubleshooting boost control issues you'll want to add boost error, turbo dynamics integral and turbo dynamics proportional to this list.

Make sure your logging via CAN rather than K-Line and that fast polling is enabled.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived