LegacyGT.com

Dumb wheel painting question!

So I'd like to paint my wheels, probably some bronze/gold/gunmetal whateverthefu*k color. They're way too chromey for my taste now, but when the sun is setting and not glinting off them they look real nice. The problem is I only have one set of wheels.

Any hot tips on how to go about getting all 4 wheels off at the same time without using jackstands? I'd rather not put my car on 4 jackstands, but if that's the only way then that's the only way.

Your from VT. Get your chain saw. Go out to the woods find a tall straight tree. Cut it down, cut four equal lenght pieces out of it. Carry them back to your car. Jack the car up and put one piece under the frame rails under the seats.

BTW, my 05 has been on jackstands since mid May. You'll find the chassis is so stiff you really only need 3 hunks of wood, in your case.

My 05 has been high enough so the tranny on the tranny jack slide right under it.

I currently have two cars on jackstands and still have about 8 jackstands as spares. I also used those stone blocks that you build retaining walls with. I've had cars on them all winter.

What is your big hang up about jackstands ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Fork Lift

Shop lift

Cement blocks

Crane

4 meat heads from the gym

Cables/chains - only if the celling can support the weight.

4 floor jacks

4 jack stands (my personal favorite)

My wife's balls are delicious.

Yep, that's what most of us do.

The black ones from Sears have a nice flatter area on top then the ones from Harbor Fright or most other places. My Wagon is currently up on the 6 ton orange and white ones from Harbor Fright. I was able to get the car up real high with those.

Just forward of the rear wheels there is a U shaped bracket that kind of lock into the depression in the top of the jackstands. The front a go back and forth between the frame rails, the front jacking point under the door sill or the front tie downs.

I stick a floor jack under the inner mounting point of the LCA the pick up the front of the car.

I even have some jackstands from back in early 70's that you slide a pin into the hole to adjust the height. They all still work.

Hope that gives you some ideas.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I don't haz jackstands :lol:

I stop being lazy broke b!tch and go buy some.

..............or

Learn about the force.

http://jediapprentice.tripod.com/yoda.gif

http://www.kgbclothing.co.uk/images/designCanvas/designCanvasYodaForce.jpg

;):cool:

Archived