LegacyGT.com

So this car keeps giving me issues that are quite annoying but anyways.

But we just got a ton of snow so I went to move my car so the plow could plow, so I backed it out of the way and left it running since I was leaving after the plow came through. The car sat and warmed up for about 10-20 minutes, can't remember.

I went to get back into the car and realized I did something extreamly stupid, I had left the car in reverse with the Parking brake engaged.

Now every time I brake and stop, and while stopped I get this burning smell. I have a strong feeling it has something to do with the brakes, not sure though. Any ideas or advice on what to do would be great.

More than likely it could be a transmission fluid smell. Try pulling the transmission fluid dipstick and take a whiff. If it smells burnt, I would get the transmission fluid changed to avoid further potential damage to the transmission.

Give that a shot and report back with findings. You should also be looking for a discoloration to the fluid as well.

Brakes more than likely have no connection to the issue, unless you have a locked brake caliper, or fluid leaking on to the rotors or inside the drums. This would be another issue contained in itself.

I usually don't use the parking brake much when it gets below freezing since they can freeze up. Walk around your car and feel the the rims (after a drive) close to the rotor and if it's warm or hot you then you know it's one of the brakes dragging. You can touch the rotor too but it may be VERY hot if it is dragging. If it is get some caliper grease, clean and grease.

Another way is to jack up each corner and give the tire a spin and listen for scrapping sound and also how easily it spins.

Archived