LegacyGT.com

OFFICIAL 2013 Legacy Thread

LegGTLT

OH NOES! :eek: It's that time again! BRZ has been beat to death and orders are being placed. Redesigned 2012 Impreza has been out long enough to quiet down too.

So, it's time (just 6 months away from SOA releasing info!) to start wondering what the refresh will look like on the 2013 Legacy. No GT is almost confirmed, what else is out there?

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they discontinue the GT, they really should have something to replace it.

I previously suggested elsewhere, since the GT doesn't appear to be a big seller, they should alternate models:

GT, then Spec.B, then STI

Since the GT has been offered for 2010, 2011, & 2012, skip the GT for the next two years, offer the Spec.B for 2013, & Legacy STI for 2014.

Have they really decided to ax the GT?

If they are going to go down the road of brand dilution, they should just make the AWD optional. Have the legacy be FWD and add an optional AWD model. This way they can advertise the higher MPG and really try to compete with the accords/camrys of the world.

^Without going into another 4th/5th Gen war but addressing the boat/grandma concerns, just look at it this way:

It's not certain but wouldn't surprise me. The WRX/STI is now a separate model from the Impreza. I could see Subaru expanding that direction with the Legacy and dropping any "sport/fun/high HP" models from the lineup. Make the consumer go to one spot within Subaru if they want anything exciting: the new WRX/STI line.

Just a thought...

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

well the 2010+ are just ugly looking cars. No disrespect but the younger generation wants something sporty and looks good. Not something that a old grandma drives.

i love me some old people suby :lol:

im hoping for the return of the legacy wagon *crosses fingers*

i love me some old people suby :lol:

im hoping for the return of the legacy wagon *crosses fingers*

I'm going to say that is NOT happening. Why would they get a legacy wagon when there is already an outback? Especially if they are getting rid of the GT.

2010+ GT didn't sell well because they jacked up the price. If they kept the non-limited and limited class it might do better

And if they didn't make it only avail in a stick. It's like the perfect storm of failure for this car. It angers me too, as I am on my third Legacy GT. But for the money, I wouldn't being spending it on a new one. I'd be going luxury.

If they discontinue the GT, they really should have something to replace it.

I previously suggested elsewhere, since the GT doesn't appear to be a big seller, they should alternate models:

GT, then Spec.B, then STI

Since the GT has been offered for 2010, 2011, & 2012, skip the GT for the next two years, offer the Spec.B for 2013, & Legacy STI for 2014.

Maybe they should skip making the current body style and stick to something that isn't uglier than a man's ass. Maybe the GT would be the more attractive if it didn't look like a Camry's fat girlfriend.

What they said...Why would I want to buy a uglyass car.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

And if they didn't make it only avail in a stick. It's like the perfect storm of failure for this car. It angers me too, as I am on my third Legacy GT. But for the money, I wouldn't being spending it on a new one. I'd be going luxury.

What? They only make it in manual tranny now? NO wonder i was only able to select manual tranny when i was trying to build one up on SOA's site.

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

I like the new Imprezza - interior is vastly improved. The 2.0 N/A engine is a little lackluster and runs out of breath at higher rpms.

I really like the BRZ.

If those designs are anything to go by, I am hopeful for the next gen Legacy. And if Subaru brings a good looking LGT wagon, I will buy one. Otherwise it's Buh-bye Subaru and hello BMW 328i wagon with XDrive. The turbo 4 has received great reviews and has more than respectable fuel economy.

I have enough drama for now.....

Yes Hanger, since 2009 when the 5th gen GT was released they have only been making it in MT. :lol: SOA's site was not lying to you. :lol:

I'm going to say that is NOT happening. Why would they get a legacy wagon when there is already an outback? Especially if they are getting rid of the GT.

thouhht about that. my theory would be for another wagon choice, or cheaper than outback or different styling or different engine.

but with the new xv coming to US shores its highly doubtful of happening. just hopes on my part. id rather drive a legacy wagon than an outback since everyone and their mom has one out here lol

Archived