LegacyGT.com

Soooo, whats the standard practice?

When I See another Subaru driver on the road?

Head nod? Peace Sign? Death Threat? Wave? Finger? Lean out he window while driving and give epic high-five while onlookers stare open mouth and stupid eyed at the awesomeness taking place?

I mean, you see Jeep people and Bikers do it...Just curious is we're as cultish as they are.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I usually do the head nod or wave to other turbo subs.. Turbo and Na subs are everywhere around here.

I don't see too many LGT's if at all around here. Its all Foresters and Outbacks driven by upper middle class people who wear Tevas with socks and "Life Is Good" t-shirts.

I shall start with the head nod or wave to any others I see that are of the same mentality and appreciation for what they have

When i see an 05+ LGT on the road I go nuts. The other day I saw one on the highway and pulled up next to it. It was a younger guy. I pointed at the car and gave him the thumbs up. He gave me this crazy look and pulled off at the next exit. I followed. We pulled into a side street and got out of cars. He had thought that I was signaling that his gas cap was off or his trunk was open. He told me had just picked up the car and really liked it. I asked him if he had plans to mod. He said, Yeah, I wanna put nitrous in it and some other stuff." It was a 5eat. He was dumb.

When i see an 05+ LGT on the road I go nuts. The other day I saw one on the highway and pulled up next to it. It was a younger guy. I pointed at the car and gave him the thumbs up. He gave me this crazy look and pulled off at the next exit. I followed. We pulled into a side street and got out of cars. He had thought that I was signaling that his gas cap was off or his trunk was open. He told me had just picked up the car and really liked it. I asked him if he had plans to mod. He said, Yeah, I wanna put nitrous in it and some other stuff." It was a 5eat. He was dumb.

Soooo then, what you're saying is, you didn't stab him in the throat?

The kid does sound like hes some kind of douche bag though. Which kind of goes back to me saying "people who have the same mentality and appreciation."

There are TONS of Subaru's in my area, but most of them are 2.5I's being driven by soccer moms, so I don't wave to them. If I see any year GT or the occasional 3.0R I'll give either a wave out the window or a thumbs up, but I feel like most people woudn't recognize my car as even being a Subaru since it's so old now... :( The front looks like a 1991 Toyota Corolla and the back looks like a 1994 Nissan Maxima.... It's a Maxarolla... ;lol:

I usually do the head nod or wave to other turbo subs.. Turbo and Na subs are everywhere around here.

I never see you or other LGTs around. We must exist in different dimensions or something. :lol:

I give a nod/thumbs up/flash my lights to LGTs. Though 90% of the time it is an old f'n lady who is clueless and thinks I'm stalking her. I've given up on other Subies of any kind. WRX drivers don't even know that I'm driving a Subaru cause I'm de-badged or something. :lol: They race off like the fast n furious.

Archived