LegacyGT.com

HID retrofit with rx330/50 ASF projector

shrike1201

So I see a lot of threads regarding HID retrofitting but everyone uses the non-ASF projectors in their projects. I haven't read of any success stories using the ASF version. Is there anyone out there who has done it? I came upon a pair of these projectors and would like to use them instead of buying a new pair of non-ASF.

The ASF projectors are a different bowl and lens holder style, so it's not a drop in. The Non-ASF projectors are almost identical to our stock projectors, all you really NEED to use is the shield from the LGT stock projectors. Put that, and a crystal clear lens and you have one very good projector combo, with very minimal effort.

Any other projector will have you cutting, and custom fitting everything. Getting it all lined up properly is an enormous pain. I've attempted 3 other retros in my last car... The LGT retro was by FAR the easiest. As they are literally drop in.

The hardest part of the retro... is actually FINDING the friggin projectors.

Here are pictures of the AFS and Non-AFS

AFS, notice the bulb holders are large and metal.

http://www.auto-electronic.net/xenonprojector/LS-RX330-D2S-D4S-AFS-projector-2.jpg

Here are the Non-AFS, the bulb holder is much less obtrusive and is almost identical to our stock projectors.

http://tlc80.com/images/soczewka_ksenonowa.jpg

the AFS is a little harder to retro but has a very wide beam.. its a great projector but the non-afs is a direct bolt in swap.. and you use both parts from the non-afs and the oem lgt projector

imo if your going to do the afs you might has well find a nice bixenon such as an fx35 and do a retro with that

512whp/465ftlb 2005 5EAT Legacy (Build Log)

Videos -

-

I am running ASF's now. I used grinned out stock shields and custom shields for my current setup its possible just line up the shield and use washers to make sure you don't brake the bowels with the space difference with the stock shield in there for mounting purposes oh and you may need to grind out some of the housing for the the ASF to fit.
Mr.350

My bad, lol I mean drimmled it out until the stock shield was the same as the bowl and lens side of the projector so it didnt obstruct the output of the ASF.

mr_luv, what do you mean by grinned out stock shields? You used two shields per projector?
Mr.350

been done a few times ... Ministiguy has a similar walk through...for non afs... i would really recommend the non-afs for a much easier cleaner install...unless you want to mount, then test( to make sure the backet you just made lines up), line it up, then seal ...

feel free to ask questions as needed...ill try to look for pics

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Archived