LegacyGT.com

PCV dummy plug question

Hey all,I'm replacing my turbo inlet with an AVO one and replacing the PCV valve as well.

Is there a reason why instead of using that little metal clip in the PCV plug itself I can't just cut the plug off and solder the two wires that go into it together? I imagine it would have the same effect,I just wouldn't have a plug dangling around,I would just tuck the harness away to look a little cleaner.

Thanks,Zack K.

The "PCV leak detector" is a joke. The connector on the inlet side has a jumper plate in it. Pull it out, stick it in the plug, tape up the plug. Tuck the plug under the intake manifold / throttle body, drama concluded.

Thanks,I know how it's done,I was just wondering if cutting the plug and soldering the two wires together does the same thing. I just hate extra unused plugs in the engine bay,hidden or not.

Zack K.

Thanks,I know how it's done,I was just wondering if cutting the plug and soldering the two wires together does the same thing. I just hate extra unused plugs in the engine bay,hidden or not.

Zack K.

It is exactly the same. As long as the two wires are connected you are good to go.

Marck

I just hate extra unused plugs in the engine bay,hidden or not.

Zack K.

Would this be a bad time to point out the twenty or thirty unused plugs that have been scattered in your engine bay, under your dash, behind your body panels, and under your seats and carpets since the car rolled off the factory floor?

Would this be a bad time to point out the twenty or thirty unused plugs that have been scattered in your engine bay, under your dash, behind your body panels, and under your seats and carpets since the car rolled off the factory floor?

I have yet to find an unused plug in the engine bay. As far as others in the interior,all the ones I found are being used for something at one time or another. I am anal enough to get rid of stuff like that once found and the area is taken apart for easy access.Sometimes I'll follow it all the way through the harness, get rid of it, and then re-wrap the harness,if I have time,lol.

Zack K.

Archived