LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't, royal PITA on our H6s with where the spark plugs are, especially if you need to check the rear cylinder pair.

Compression ratio should be 10.5-10.7:1 stock.

But I don't have any in-cylinder pressure readings.

Check with Tim or Rob at AMR. I bet they have some compression results since when they turbo'ed the engines, they rebuilt lowering compression a bit.

http://www.graveyardmotorsports.com/product_p/gm%2099-3530.htm

Keep in mind the 10.x:1 is a static compression ratio, a dynamic equivalent is usually lower say 7.5 or 8 to 1.

With that there is a direct correlation between the compression ratio and in-cylinder pressure ratio...

With a 10.x:1 static ratio spec, we should be seeing 160-190psi from the cylinder pressure gauge (I've already subtracted atmospheric 14.6x/14.7x).

Nominal compression pressure.pdf

Edited by Perscitus

Blackstone OSA results are in after a 5K mile oil change last weekend with 57K on the odo. Looks good to me!

The viscosity results on the 'spent' oil prove that either Nanotech Lubricants Additive and/or a few K miles of #becauseracecar use cause our oils to exhibit slightly higher viscosity then the tech specs would suggest for used stock.

If its the Nanotech Additive, then its doing one of its jobs - providing better lubrication and higher viscosity under load on top of the stock fill (as advertized).

If its not the Additive, then the oil has sheered down to a lower grade - part of the reason behind running xW40 when the manual calls for xW30.... instead of sheering down to a 20 weight, a 40 weight will with time sheer down to a high end of the 30 weight viscosity range.

I bet the cause is somewhere in the middle between these two. I've seen the same behavior with my brother's FA20DIT where a 5W40 exhibited 5W30 viscosity characteristics after 3.5-5K miles of use. A lot of guys over @ Bob's the oil Guy and NASIOC reported the same happening to their 5W30 fills sheering down to 5W20 specs. Fine for fuel consumption, not so good for engine protection/lubrication, AVCS, spun bearings, etc.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/viscosity-charts/

Capture1.JPG.e14d52dd82d2e10f811834cdc7ba1417.JPG

Capture2.JPG.3e6f90949db0240f9549684d71f2a610.JPG

Maybe I will just post this here as well.

This is an aftermarket exhaust made by Lachute Performance

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

^^^ I had to look up a "34um65". I first thought it was the "Uranium PU-36 space modulator".

Just sharing because it was never on my radar. Curious to get a hold of them to find out what else they have.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

.... Dangit Fred i've been thinking about that exhaust all day now! but then if I get the exhaust i'll have to get a CAI.. and if i get THAT i'll have to get a TUNE! if that all happens i'll then have to cross my fingers that my Oil consumption doesn't get worse...

.... then i'll have to get a rear sway bar, eibach springs, and some upgraded struts!

but seriously did you happen to call Lachute Performance and inquire?

.... Dangit Fred i've been thinking about that exhaust all day now! but then if I get the exhaust i'll have to get a CAI.. and if i get THAT i'll have to get a TUNE! if that all happens i'll then have to cross my fingers that my Oil consumption doesn't get worse...

.... then i'll have to get a rear sway bar, eibach springs, and some upgraded struts!

but seriously did you happen to call Lachute Performance and inquire?

I did not call...worked from home watching a sick child who managed to pass it on to me...triple whammy (work/child/getting sick).

Edit: I found the exhaust on their site...it is $1500. They also have an intake done similar to mine for the H4. I like it, and it may warrant a test, but I'd have to give up my bypass in case of the filter getting wet.

But, as far as the rest of your post...what's the problem? :lol:

Edited by fredrik94087

Dang sorry to hear that man.

If that exhaust is a direct Bolt-on ide say it's worth the money for how good it sounds. I've seriously been contemplating dropping some money down on a few mods to make it more of a sport sedan that no one else has.

Dang sorry to hear that man.

If that exhaust is a direct Bolt-on ide say it's worth the money for how good it sounds. I've seriously been contemplating dropping some money down on a few mods to make it more of a sport sedan that no one else has.

If you are going to drop money on it, follow the way Perscitus went about it.

I am not talking about the lighting and electronics. The car is clean, has a good stance, and didn't go overboard.

Know that you will be into it for $7500 easily.

Made me blush :wub:

I look at our cars as I look at the Olsen twins today.

They are essentially the same, but...you get the idea.

Yours is the proper one, and mine is well...not always proper.

olsen-twins-119.jpg.58de84ddecd5ccbd7cf957b786106372.jpg

Please oh please tell me this will fit my 3.6R....PLEASE!!!

What is the OE TB size anyway? This unit is 75mm which is just shy of 3". I know my piping is 3", but the website states it flows better than OE.

I am literally walking out the door in the dark with a flashlight to take a look under the hood.

EDIT: OEM TB OD with lip is 76mm. ID is 68mm. I took a few pics of my TB. First off, we have 4 bolts. The one in the website has 2 bolts. The right side looks like it would allow the DBW to mount on; however, the left side of OEM looks like it has a place for a vacuum on the bottom left. So...dunno.

Any thoughts???

Edited by fredrik94087

65mm

Please oh please tell me this will fit my 3.6R....PLEASE!!!

What is the OE TB size anyway? This unit is 75mm which is just shy of 3". I know my piping is 3", but the website states it flows better than OE.

I am literally walking out the door in the dark with a flashlight to take a look under the hood.

65mm

Thanks...maybe I was off by a few mm...but here is what I posted above yours. With 2 versus our 4 bolts, and the left side looks a bit different.

EDIT: OEM TB OD with lip is 76mm. ID is 68mm. I took a few pics of my TB. First off, we have 4 bolts. The one in the website has 2 bolts. The right side looks like it would allow the DBW to mount on; however, the left side of OEM looks like it has a place for a vacuum on the bottom left. So...dunno.

Any thoughts???

The size of the throttle plate is stamped on the valve. Here is a photo of mine before my second pass of grinding and polishing.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p165/danbob_bucket/IMG_4699_zps1a53675a.jpg

This link below from Boomba's has a different image angle of the body. The extra bolts must be hidden behind this weird sandwich construction. The WRX/STI have four bolts just like ours.

http://www.boombaracing.com/subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-75mm-dbw-throttle-body-bolt-on/

My feeling is since there is a 09 GT fitment (I'm like 90% sure) we have the same size TB casing so it might line up.

Anyway the on Boombas site price is sounds a lot better than $700.

Edited by nadracer

Thanks nadracer.

I posted about that vacuum line as I did not see one on the wrx/sti TB.

If this fits, I will definitely get it.

If it doesnt, from you pic it looks like some material can be taken off. Maybe it is time to get the TB ported with a larger butterfly.

Update on TB.

Called them. He wants to see pictures of shere the motor mounts up and the gears in there to have a better idea of fitment.

Can anybody get a boat load of pics before this weekend?

If not, I wi attempt this weekend.

The techs name is Camille...a guy. He says he is not as worried about it bolting up as he is about the car not throwing a code or gettinv stuck at 3000 rpm.

Nadracer, did you do any porting on your TB and if so, were you able to remove the pin that holds the butterfly valve in place?