LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

• I Donated
But there are cars that can match those performance figures and still eek out better mileage, that was my point. And again its my opinion, for my money a Lexus or BMW sport sedan would be the choice, or a preowned P85.

BMW M5 MPG: 15/22. Not substantially better than the CTS-V. You were saying? Also not available in a wagon, if you want to go that route. If you don't, low-mileage CTS-Vs can he had for $45k with a manual. Manual M5s are $60k+.

Lexus GS-F MPG: 16/24, but 90 HP less than the CTS-V and no faster options available from Lexus. Also, once again, not a wagon. And no manual option. If you're talking about auto CTS-V sedans, $35k is pretty easy.

Teslas are nice, don't get me wrong. My mom has one. But her Model S 75D was a hundred grand. Not even a P model. The P100D will run you $140k+. I'm sure they're cheaper on the used market and all, but the P85D looks like it's still $65-70k to start, and you're into the $80s if you want under 20k miles on it. And the only way you'll get more cargo into a Model S than a CTS-V wagon is if you're packing without suitcases.

• Moderators

I guess I get to post in this thread. OBXT with all the bolt-on's is gone, has been replaced by a 2015 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost twin turbo. Completely different, but my needs / wants have changed and I wanted something that could comfortably tow over 5k lbs. My OBXT probably got around 18-19mpg on 93 octane (about a $0.60-$0.80 cost over 87 octane) and my truck seems to get about 16mpg on 87 octane, so that's about a wash in my mind without doing any match. The tech in the truck absolutely demolishes the Subaru, it is what it is--10yrs of advancement.

The subaru wagon was awesome--6mt wagon with over 300hp to the wheels, hard to beat--but the capability and utility of the truck along with the creature comforts is just insane. I miss the handling of the wagon, but other than that I have moved on. I'll pick up something small in the future maybe--miata, s2000, older m3, i dunno--and maybe mod it for auto-x. For now, I'm pretty happy :)

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

BMW M5 MPG: 15/22. Not substantially better than the CTS-V. You were saying? Also not available in a wagon, if you want to go that route. If you don't, low-mileage CTS-Vs can he had for $45k with a manual. Manual M5s are $60k+.

Who said M5 I was thinking M3 since you made the $60-70k limit an M5 is $95k but if that is in the mix I would take it over the cts-v anyday. I don't care about the wagon part, I didn't specify wagon I merely said there are better cars in the same price range. My definition of better not yours. I would also be happy in a lexus IS-F good enough performance and lexus quality to boot!

So I've moved on from my 2011 LGT to the 2018 Audi A4. I've always looked at these 2 cars as very similar given they are AWD 4 dr sedan with rock solid AWD systems. One thing that always drew me to the LGTs was the price/performance ratio. This is not nearly as good with the Audi, but there aren't many cars that still have that like the 4th and 5th gen LGTs did. I compared these 2 cars first going back to when I was looking to replace my totaled 2008 LGT. At the time, the 2011 A4 was a bit too small for me and gave up quite a bit of power to the 5th gen LGT. The new model is essentially the same exterior dimensions as the 5th gen other than a slightly lower roof. Power is substantially increased in this gen of the 2.0T with 270ish Torque available from 1400rpm to near redline. Since life needs required me to part with my manual (sniff), the DCT 7 speed is a lot more fun than the standard slushbox found on most auto cars in this range. The tech is absolutely amazing and the interior quality is a different class than the LGT, as it should be given the much higher MSRP.

One major concern is obviously the possible long term maintenance costs with a German car, but I was willing to take my chances for once. Also I miss the absolutely cavernous trunk of my 5th gen, but this one isnt bad and has less stuff protruding down from the parcel shelf than the subie.

Apparently APR and others are making insane number dyno claims with a Stage 1 ECU flash, mid 300s torque, but given Audi's more aggressive pursuit of mods with warranty denials (google TD1) and the very high possible costs of engine/ DCT transmission issues out of warranty, I'm not sure if this is something worth risking. As it is the car seems plenty fast, but I'm still babying it in the break in period. Cant wait to try the DCT launch control when I'm through that!

I have driven two of them, I have a general disdain for GM products, the CTS-V is not special in that regard.

That means bias.

Oh, well, I admit I have a special disdain towards the 5th gen Legacy. :p

• I Donated
Who said M5 I was thinking M3 since you made the $60-70k limit an M5 is $95k but if that is in the mix I would take it over the cts-v anyday.

If you want a small backseat and BMW "quality" and parts prices, sure, I guess. The M3 is definitely a nice car, though. But I have a friend who was a BMW tech for a while. He recommends against BMWs in general. ;)

I don't care about the wagon part, I didn't specify wagon I merely said there are better cars in the same price range. My definition of better not yours.

The problem is, you keep on bringing up reasons why cars are better than the CTS-V, and they keep on being wrong.

I would also be happy in a lexus IS-F good enough performance and lexus quality to boot!

I mean, the CTS-V has been pretty reliable by most accounts.

I have a general disdain for GM products, the CTS-V is not special in that regard.

The truth comes out. Your definition of "better" is "not a GM product." Why didn't you just say that in the first place? :confused:

I can't refute badge snobbery. :lol:

If you want a small backseat and BMW "quality" and parts prices, sure, I guess. The M3 is definitely a nice car, though. But I have a friend who was a BMW tech for a while. He recommends against BMWs in general. ;)

The problem is, you keep on bringing up reasons why cars are better than the CTS-V, and they keep on being wrong.

I mean, the CTS-V has been pretty reliable by most accounts.

The truth comes out. Your definition of "better" is "not a GM product." Why didn't you just say that in the first place? :confused:

I can't refute badge snobbery. [emoji38]

GM earned my disdain, it's not snobbery. Given the choice to do something worthwhile the brand consistently chose profits over quality, safety, and reliability.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I was actually quite impressed by the Scat Packs until I drove a 2017 Maro SS 1LE. What a car. Something to be said about that instant power vs. lag lag lag boost. I was all set on a chally scat pack with the 6 speed manual til' i drove the 1LE. Once I break this new motor in, im going to seriously consider one.

I have been considering a move to american for the past few years now, but was always afraid to. It needs to be said that the build quality of american cars is no longer nearly as shoddy as it used to be, and companies like subaru really need to rethink their interiors.

Long live the 4th gen LGT, but i think it may be time to move on out. I also have been considering a Golf R, but I would only get one in auto, and that just seems, well, sacrilege to me.

• I Donated
GM earned my disdain, it's not snobbery. Given the choice to do something worthwhile the brand consistently chose profits over quality, safety, and reliability.

So, basing your opinion of current excellent cars on mistakes they made in the past.

That's still snobbery, FYI. Especially considering you don't have any actual substantive reasons to dislike the CTS-V.

So, basing your opinion of current excellent cars on mistakes they made in the past.

That's still snobbery, FYI. Especially considering you don't have any actual substantive reasons to dislike the CTS-V.

If snobbery means having principles...:p