LegacyGT.com

Bad day....

So today i went to Richmond VA (about 80 miles each way from where i live) for a family members birthday. I was excied about the drive to see how the car did on the highway because last week i got my brand spanking new set of volk 17 inch gram lights 57S's, Bridgestone kdw's,a blitz dual drive BOV, Tein H-techs, and a greddy sp2 catback. The day went well until the drive home. Just before i got on the interstate, i hit a 5 inch deep pothole on the road. The drivers side front rim got a HUGE dent. So big that it broke the bead and cracked all the way through:mad:The tire came out undamaged:icon_conf so, then i jacked the car up and put on the spare. The ride home sucked bc the car pulls REALLY hard to the right. Once i got home, i went outside with a flash light looking around only to see that the tread on the driversside rear tire is all scraped up and my brand new sp2 exhaust is all scraped up on the bottom right after it connects to the origonal exhaust.(im guessing it hit the ground at somepoint) I looked all around the front side that took the hit and didnt notice much out of the oridnary.

I am guessing that i am gonna have to get a new wheel:icon_mad:,alinghnment and then see how it does. Should i check anything else? look for bent things? any help would be great.

thanks

64 blows. So do Richmond streets... and all of Hampton Roads streets for that matter.

oh i know. i used to live in norfolk and had 3 bent wheels on my old car

turntable, i love it. you know its there but its perfect, not too loud

yea, one day later and my stomach is still turning. I hate when things like this happen espically when my 05 is mint with not even one scratch, well... was mint :/... Anyway, i just ordered a new wheel and hopefully when i get it on all i will need is a stop by the alighnment shop. As for the sp2, i dont think some scratches will hurt. I just hope that nothing else is bent / broken..

Hi Darren94,

Sorry to here about your misfortune. I feel for you man.

You may want to consider contacting the township/city where you damaged the wheel for a full refund for your wheel and throw in a new tire too. The belts may be damaged from such a hard hit. I say this because my fiancee's mother hit a huge crater with her Volvo in the the town where she lives in Northeastern PA (pothole capital of the world I think). She called and they tolkd here to mail the receipt for the wheel and tire. A couple of months later she got a check from the township for the full amount. It's worth a shot.

Hi Darren94,

Sorry to here about your misfortune. I feel for you man.

You may want to consider contacting the township/city where you damaged the wheel for a full refund for your wheel and throw in a new tire too. The belts may be damaged from such a hard hit. I say this because my fiancee's mother hit a huge crater with her Volvo in the the town where she lives in Northeastern PA (pothole capital of the world I think). She called and they tolkd here to mail the receipt for the wheel and tire. A couple of months later she got a check from the township for the full amount. It's worth a shot.

i will look into this for sure. I tried with my last car in the city of norfolk and they laughed:icon_conf

How the heck do you get a 5" deep pothole that far south? 38 wheeler trucks? North of the Arctic Circle down there? Do Virginians know what road maintenance is?

VA roads are weird. You will have nice highways and interstates that are great driving roads which they will repave for no logical reason each year or so. But, then you have side streets and other parts of the highways and interstates that needed paving 10 years ago. Where i currently live, the roads in the whole city are great so, i never thought twice about my wheel choice:icon_mad:but one of the crappy ones got me.

That sux....

Will ur insurance take care this claim?

not sure if its worth it.i have a $500 deductable. I orederd a new wheel today($327) and the alighnment i can get for $50. so, it doesnt even hit the 500 dollar mark. Now if i come across something bent or broken and the car needs some more fixes, i will calim the wheel, tire, alighnment and whatever else needs the fix. I hope it doesnt go that route though.

Archived