LegacyGT.com

Who else has a rear window that rattles in the cold weather?

HansGT

Anyone else have a rattling rear window on cold mornings/days. Noticed it last winter but I got used to it, but it really bug'd me today. It usually happens when i first start out and the temps have to be below freezing. I guess once the sun warms the car up it goes away. Anyone take thiers to the dealer for this?

Car has had to sit out overnight last few nights at work and it's gotten down into the teens and single digits. There has been a rattle from somewhere in the back of the cabin until the interior warms up but I haven't tracked down the source yet.

Meeee too. It annoys the crap out of me. I can't track it down. It seems, however, to be comming from the plastic shelf above the rear seats. Maybe the plastic covering over the rear (inside the cabin) brake light? Or where the plastic break light cover meets the glass? Let me know if anyone can track it down...

Also, have any of you gotten ice inside the rear window? As along the "bottomest" part of the glass... It has been in the teens here in Chicago, my car sat outide and got ice in the inside. nice.

Have 700 miles on my car and I also have an annoying rattle. I hate taking my car to the dealer so I will try to track th noise down myself. I did notice this morning after looking briefly that the rear shelf cover is really loose. I'll have to take a closer look.

I have that problem on my car too.

I suspect that it's the wiring harness from the center brake light. I pulled out the brake light housing so I could clean the rear glass. The harness was bundled up in some electrical tape, so I cut it and now the harness is floating around not tied down to anything.

The plastic shroud that holds the wires together gets stiff when cold and I'm assuming thats what taps away on bumps now till the cabin warms up. I never heard this sound before I cleaned the rear glass.

Got it in my '06 as well as of this weekend. Car sits outside at night. It's been pretty cold in Chicago as F1anatic already said. I believe I also heard it at the winshield, near the rearview mirror leading me to believe it was glass related.
ignore him, he'll go away.

same problem exactly.

i suspect it's the wiring harness from the rear tail lights swinging in space inside the rear deck.

not sure i have the motivation to tear apart the inside of my wagon to deal with the issue.

Archived