LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Compliments

You know you get them, especially with a fixed up 5th gen. I do, just received one the other day from an STi owner. My wife has even said drivers yell out of their window "nice car," when she is driving it. In my opinion the only people that won't compliment our cars are 4th gen owners.

So share your stories, post about the compliments you have received.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 2 friends that both have 2013 STi's. Both of them want my car....bad. They went on and on about the luxury of the interior and the bad ass agressive look with the wheels on it. And neither had any idea that the 5th Gen GT existed, or that lots of WRX and STi goodies bolt right on.

But I will have to say, shifting their transmissions is a far superior experience to ours.

Edited by GTEASER

Best one I ever got was just after I bought it back in October 2009. I was at a gas station filling up and some guy in a MA-plated car congratulated me on my "sweet-looking Infiniti". I left his jaw agape when I told him it was a Subie. I got back in, patted her on the dashboard, and said "that'll do pig, that'll do".

Best was one night I was picking up a happy meal for my daughter. So I pull up to the window and this 17 year old kids is already hanging out the window drooling. So he says " Wow what a sweet car! Is it fast? Is it turbo? How much boost?" I answer him with thanks and yes, yes and 17psi. The whole time he's mentally molesting my car but it goes silent for about 10 seconds. He then ask " What is it? " I laughed and told him it's just another Subaru. I swear he almost fell out the window as I was leaving.

Ive had at least 3 people ask me if it was a lexus. And many thumbs ups from sti guys goin down the highway

Funny thing, my wife actually had a lady open her door as she was sitting in a grocery store parking lot. The lady said "oops," and shut the door, the lady then went to her white Lexus.

I was parking in the lot of a golf course in Oregon...guys parks beside me with his 325 Beemer and says..."Whow..is that one of those new Legacys?"...Yup......He replies...."Sweet, I hear they are bitchin' fast!!"

I got them all the time when it was lowered and had the paint matched mesh grille, 2010 GT. People weren't sure what it was or if it was a new, more mature STi.

A former A8 owner really liked it and asked how reliable it was since he had to get rid of his A8 cause it kept breaking down.

Mostly get the same reactions as other have said. At the car show I recently went to, some people came up and asked what it was, they never knew about 5th gen GT's and thought it was a 2.5i with a custom scoop built haha. And when I do the subie wave, lotta guys end up just staring at it trying to figure out what it is, oh well i like being exclusive :D

We've had many unsolicited compliments on our 5th gen. We kinda chuckle cause we both thought it was a bit ugly at first. We don't think it's ugly, but it's sorta a weird combination of other cars features. We've also had several Lexus and Infiniti owners say that it's good looking. ;) lol

Got two.

First was after tarmac zeros and rpf1's. A guy in a Baja turbo drives past me...goes two lanes over...drops back...and comes back up. He then gives me a thumbs up and takes off.

Second one was this weekend. I sold my gtc01's to a kid with a lexis is250. He and his buddy couldn't figure out what it was. His friend kept asking about my wheels and tires.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

The kids at the local car wash are always ogling over it and telling my how 'hot' it is. They are first surprised that I drive a manual trans, and then want to know what the license plate means :). Makes me smile.

The kids at the local car wash are always ogling over it and telling my how 'hot' it is. They are first surprised that I drive a manual trans, and then want to know what the license plate means :). Makes me smile.

I don't know of anything that makes a man drool faster than seeing a woman who can drive a car with a manual transmission while wearing sandal heels and a mini-skirt.

My wife in Brazil. ;)

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

I had a Honda Accord driver pull up next to me and yell "Is that a subaru? That's a really nice car!"

Usually the WRXes won't wave back to me though... But oh well. Maybe once I get the exhaust+tune and I'm making more noise they will.

STi's and WRX's hardly ever wave....nose is too stuck up to look around...

I had a WRX guy (think it was a debadged STi) that got hell-shittin' pissed one day when I kept up playing cat-n-mouse with him on a twisty canyon road....so much so that he stayed in it long after I backed off, bottomed his car out hard at a bridge (sparks flying everywhere) and nearly wrecked. I was scared for the other folks that he then proceeded to pass like an asshole on a double yellow. Guess he couldn't handle getting shadowed by a Legacy....that was the best compliment I've gotten so far....seeing a WRX guy ruffled. :lol:

2 years ago at the Old School Meet hosted by Cobb Tunning in Austin, I got many compliments on my car and how it kept up with various tuned WRX/STI throughout the twisty road cruise we went on. All I had on back then was just the RSB and I was hanging with the big guys no problem on those roads.

Another time when I took it to a track day at Eagles Canyon Raceway, I was in a lead/follow group of nothing but Boss Mustangs and myself. I got in behind the leader and kept on pushing him and came out of the turns faster than he did and was amazed that I could keep up with him.

I have also gotten compliments on my car from various people at autocross events thinking my car is a dewingged WRX/STI. :)

I got asked what type of Subaru my car was today. I said to was a legacy 3.6r, it's and h-6. The guy said hmm... I didn't even know they had a six cylinder legacy... Looks good. Does it handle well? Yeah Haha I've gotten that three times now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they look twice it's a compliment.

Along with double takes and long stares. That and the "dude you gotta check this out." when you're at the dealership and you know they're talking about your new front lip when they talk about how it's attached :lol:

Just this morning, after I left Dietsch Werks and was waiting at the light to make a left, a guy in a heavily modded bugeye WRX passed me in the opposite direction. He gave me a peace sigh, a nod and a smile. So much for WRX and STI guys being uppidy

He works at Dietsch Werks and familiar with my car...so maybe we don't count that one...:lol:

Just this morning, after I left Dietsch Werks and was waiting at the light to make a left, a guy in a heavily modded bugeye WRX passed me in the opposite direction. He gave me a peace sigh, a nod and a smile. So much for WRX and STI guys being uppidy

He works at Dietsch Werks and familiar with my car...so maybe we don't count that one...:lol:

^1/100

prolly varies by region..

I get many more nods/smiles/waves from WRX/STi drivers than I do uppity eye rolls/sneers... Maybe it's a NE Subi thing, or maybe mine's just LOUD enough to garner respect? :lol:

Probably the favorite compliment I've received was from an african american guy who was walking down the sidewalk while I was pumping gas... he did an abrupt 90 degree turn when he saw my car to come over and tell me he "liked my style" before chatting about the car for 5 minutes or so. I mean seriously, how often does a nerdy white boy like me get complimented on his style! :eek::lol::cool: