LegacyGT.com

Do you mod your car for attention?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) For self satisfaction and for the look on my passenger's face when I launch.

2) Exhaust, body kits, wild graphics/paint, loud stereos, neon lighting.

I don't think it's that many people don't expect it to be what it; I think it's more that people don't know of the Legacy.

1.Unless I put on my track wheels (SSR Comps) you couldn't tell it was stock unless you brought out a ruler for suspension height (which isn't much lower than stock, though corner weighting makes it look weird)

2) Exhaust, body kits, wild graphics/paint, loud stereos, neon lighting.

It is just people generally don't expect legacy gt's to have high performance... people assume STI, EVO, camaros, vipers, etc...

This is a good thing.

1) no

2) Exhaust, loud stereo.

I've learned in my years of modifing to bulid a car for you and not someone else. If you build a car to attract attention you either attract the wrong type of attention or in the end not like the way your car turned out.

i dont mod my car for attention. i mod it to mold the car a little more to my personal likes and preferences.

in my experience most people dont know anything about legacy models, but when i pulled into work with my LGT for the first time everyone knew the hood scoop means business. the few car savvy guys at work respect my leggy, the rest have no idea what to expect from it.

i dont mod my car for attention. i mod it to mold the car a little more to my personal likes and preferences.

in my experience most people dont know anything about legacy models, but when i pulled into work with my LGT for the first time everyone knew the hood scoop means business. the few car savvy guys at work respect my leggy, the rest have no idea what to expect from it.

:whore:

1) Yes.

2) The fact it is a Station Wagon....I have burnt many a faster vehicle off the line, and then slowed down to 55-60mph only to have them stay on my drivers side rear 1/4 panel trying to figure out WTF just beat their ass. (Plus....the Wagon mafia sticker is on that side of the rear glass) :)

1. No, for my own enjoyment mainly, but I do like to show off new things.

2. what everyone else said.

I bought this car because it fit all my criteria for a daily driver. Modding is something I like doing to all my vehicles I have had. It's just the way I am.

1) Yes.

2) The fact it is a Station Wagon....I have burnt many a faster vehicle off the line, and then slowed down to 55-60mph only to have them stay on my drivers side rear 1/4 panel trying to figure out WTF just beat their ass. (Plus....the Wagon mafia sticker is on that side of the rear glass) :)

Ohhh you Wagon Mafia ppl kill me..:lol::lol:

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

1) No. My mods are all functional in nature. Dashcam, amber rear turn signals, screen install in dash (for dashcam display) etc. I have no desire to stand out from the crowd - in fact I want my car to be as anonymous as possible.

2) The biggest attention-getter for me is a stupidly loud exhaust. Also altering the suspension geometry to make the car ride stupidly low etc. Usual stuff like graphics and neons are stupid but dime-a-dozen so they don't stand out.

From a practical perspective (and inspired by the same logic that made me install the dashcam) the things that stand out on normal cars are the things that could lead to tracking down the car's owner. Dealership stickers or license plate surrounds, or especially school sports sticker with a name like "Oakwood School Football, #3 Brandon" More and more people around here drive with bogus registrations and more one one of my friends have been victims of hit/run where the plate came back known stolen (ie reported stolen before the accident, not 5 mins after. :rolleyes: ).

So yeah, you can mod your car as much as you want. I don't care about or even notice your neons, ironing board spoiler, fake cross-drilled "rotors" hiding your drum brakes or anything like that, but if you hit my car and flee and you have a bumper sticker that says; "I'd rather be flying my RC plane" then you can bet I'll notice THAT. (and then go to our at the local RC club asking the members who drives that kind of car ;) )

(Story: Walking through the parking lot at work talking to a new guy about 'ricers'. I pointed out a Nissan Altima as an example; "Look at the fake rotors covering his drum brakes. Just looks stupid to anyone who knows cars!" His response was; "The guy at the parts store said they'd be cool." :spin: )

I like a sleeper that looks like it's trying to be fast. For example, my Stealth had a K&N sticker as the only visual mod other than wheels. That's for the guy who says to his friend "That guy thinks the K&N makes him fast -- let's show him what's up." Little did they know the car ran 12.50s. The sticker was just bait :D

My Legacy looks like it's got wheels and exhaust, just like 90% of the other imports out there. Obviously the old fat guy behind the wheel doesn't know what performance is. Never in their wildest dreams do they realize what's under the hood of the unassuming red car. Everything from muscle cars to Scions have been left wondering how the family sedan pulled away from them so easily while they were at WOT.

I like a sleeper that looks like it's trying to be fast. For example, my Stealth had a K&N sticker as the only visual mod other than wheels. That's for the guy who says to his friend "That guy thinks the K&N makes him fast -- let's show him what's up." Little did they know the car ran 12.50s. The sticker was just bait :D

rice the crap out of your legacy to make people assume you are a typical ricer only to smoke them in the quarter mile!!

Archived