LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

I think we are saying the same thing. When my speedo says 45, radar sign says 41-42. So basically, my speedo over estimates my speed, says I'm going faster than what the radar indicates. Edited by Rhett

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. Kinda like the delayed throttle response at WOT when you take off from a dead stop. It's little things like this that makes it tough to accurately determine 0-60 times by using an app or using a stop watch. All these variables probably throws things off by at least .5 seconds, and everybody knows that's a big deal when it comes to 0-60 times.

Nice numbers man! ive debated getting the raptor setup but I think Ide rather use the money for a DP on an Evo X.

If you can find a clean EVO VIII, do it!

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

If you can find a clean EVO VIII, do it!

Well I found some.. BUT.. I looked at what my insurance would be and its over 300 a month lol. the whole reason I got the legacy in the first place was because it was good on my insurance. ive had 1 or possibly 2 run ins with the PO-PO ;)

but ive been missing something a little more sporty with good handling and a turbo, the fully loaded 2014 Focus ST i can pick up for around 25k brand new.. ive been tempted and its half the cost of the EVO X on insurance :)

No offence but i'm with frederik here :) evo 9 or previous is very nice and more robust car then evox. Better in quality by much.

Ford st is very hyped, not very good vehicle with very limited capabilities. Please do not compare it with it's eu brother, they are very different, us model is missing entire suspension and a lot more.

Today's market is pretty empty for really good enthusiast cars. 2015 sti and evox x are virtually the last remaining under 40k. And unil you hit 80-100, it is empty again.

This is why i went the same mod route as many people here. Subarus (impreza, forester, outback, legacy) all exceptionaly capable cars, virtually any of them could be adopted to any performance level you prefer. Parts readly available for most mods.

Insurance for everything except sti is funny comparing to evo, gtr, bmw, audi (s) etc. that alone makes a difference in your budget. And opens the way to get what you want (everyone is different) then simply accept what is given from the factory :)

Edited by Archi

No offence but i'm with frederik here :) evo 9 or previous is very nice and more robust car then evox. Better in quality by much.

Ford st is very hyped, not very good vehicle with very limited capabilities. Please do not compare it with it's eu brother, they are very different, us model is missing entire suspension and a lot more.

Today's market is pretty empty for really good enthusiast cars. 2015 sti and evox x are virtually the last remaining under 40k. And unil you hit 80-100, it is empty again.

This is why i went the same mod route as many people here. Subarus (impreza, forester, outback, legacy) all exceptionaly capable cars, virtually any of them could be adopted to any performance level you prefer. Parts readly available for most mods.

Insurance for everything except sti is funny comparing to evo, gtr, bmw, audi (s) etc. that alone makes a difference in your budget. And opens the way to get what you want (everyone is different) then simply accept what is given from the factory :)

You are very much correct.

However i did see a post about the 2015 ecoboost mustang running 12s flat quarter mile with slicks and no passenger seat being the only mods. So this may need to be added to the list of enthusiast cars :)

Well, would you buy one? Motor lasts ~50-60k, bunch of other issues and awful handling, as usual. I doubt that chasis is stiff enough for "new" independent suspension.

And it is 37k, i doubt the isurance is cheap too. For that pricetag, i'd pick sti any day :) or evo if this is one's preference. V8 runs these numbers, not ecopoop :) 4.4 stock. Ecoboost must be seriusly tuned for it, mind you it is unreliable in the stock form. One of the biggest engine recolls a year ago...

Btw i had evo x for 2 years :) and know this car inside out. As well as 3x wrx es i had over the years :)

Modern inexpensive enthusiast car youd be: lighter then 3500lbs, better then 0.98 on the skidpad (no too fancy tires), faster then 4.7 0-60 stock, have 200k designed motor, transmission etc.

Edited by Archi

The fuel filter is built into the fuel pump assembly, and is not on a recommended scheduled maintenance time frame.

I have my 60K service scheduled for this weekend, so I was looking over the maintenance schedule. Subaru does indeed recommend changing the in take fuel filter every 60K miles. I'm not having mine done due to the complexity of it.

Some 'fresh' pics of the baked-in headers and revised exhaust.

Headers outlet ID 2.25" -> 2.25" SS section of pipe ->

stock cats -> 2.5" SS section of pipe -> 3" SS braided mesh coupler ->

3" pipe with Vibrant resonator -> Magnaflow 3" catback

You got 4 likes, next challenge ;):lol:

I'd send those headers to a place like JetHot for a coating.

http://www.jet-hot.com/

Some 'fresh' pics of the baked-in headers and revised exhaust.

Headers outlet ID 2.25" -> 2.25" SS section of pipe ->

stock cats -> 2.5" SS section of pipe -> 3" SS braided mesh coupler ->

3" pipe with Vibrant resonator -> Magnaflow 3" catback

I had considered that but decided to pass... for now.

Marginal if any power gain on our NA platform and not enough engine bay heat with it as-is. Maybe next spring or summer.

On the flip-side, the P&L Motorsports downpipe my brother picked up a weeks or two ago for the 2015 WRX will be ceramic coated right after fabrication.

I will take this opportunity to second a great experience using AMR tuning services.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

so who's next getting the raptor headers? I would like to arrange a gen v meet up take some pics of the raptor cars!

I am planning on next year after getting my tax rebate and before my first track day of next year.

I was itching a bit for a 2.5GT as there is a dark gray one on sale with 40K miles at $24,000, but I have way too much invested into the 3.6R.

I am still contemplating a "trial R&D" lowered final drive.

Again, this is all for next year.

^^^ If it's the LGT in SF, then amidroc bought it.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4983711&postcount=1171

That might very well be the one.

Like I said...too much time/$$ into the 3.6R. I did contemplate having both, but not feasable until at least next year.