LegacyGT.com

potential LGT buy

Well, as the title says, i'm thinking about getting a new(er) car and this is a choice. It's going to cost a good chunk more than my other choices, being a Mazda 6s and a Grand Prix GTP comp G, but the AWD may be worth it, since i live in central New York. My question is: are there any problems/issues with these cars that i should know of? I'd be getting an 05 probably. Another question is how easy is it to swap out the factory radio in these, i know GM has a goofy RDS system where you have to keep the factory radio in the trunk even if you put an aftermarket in it due to a lot of vehicle systems running through the factory HU. I found on a local dealer's website that they have a new 05 left over, a GT limited, fully loaded, MSRP:32000. How much do you guys think i can get off? Thanks in advance.

If audio is a big concern for you then you should read up on this little LGT FAQ.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12608

Unless you can get a killer deal on the '05 I would just get the '06. The '07 is coming in July so there are a lot of incentives for the '06 right now. I just got my '06 LGT 5-spd for $24609 on Friday. If you want an automatic, I was quoted $26k by couple of dealers for those.

Wow, another '05 still sitting around huh? I agree with chenc on this one. The deal on the '05 has got to be sooooo good that I don't think you can make it work to make up for 2 model years worth of depreciation. I bought my LGT LT MT Sedan in August of '05, MSRP: $30.3 my deal: $25.9 So chenc: how did you make your deal work? What was the MSRP and rebate you got? Mine was $500 off invoice and minus $1500 rebate.
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Well, more than likely I'll be getting used, but i figured if the deal on a left over new was irrisistable, then I might bite. I see what you mean about the radio, but I don't think that would be horrible to deal with. I haven't gotten a chance to drive one yet, but I should soon. Has anyone had any issues with these cars?

Go to the warranty section of the technical forums. There you will find every possibe issue people have had. Studder, cooling fan, wheel bearings, are all talked about and (for me) my own sticky on a console gap I have. It's more '05 then '06 but that's what comes with the territory on a brand new model it seems. I'm ok with it, not thrilled, but I understand why there's a warranty!!! :D I bought mine in August and it's been in the shop for repairs for a total of 5 days, mostly spent waiting on parts. It would have been two if they had the trim piece to fix the gap and the ecu to fix the fan. Overall, VERY happy with this car. Had the '02 GT LT also so I'm familiar with them and really like them. :)
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Wow, another '05 still sitting around huh? I agree with chenc on this one. The deal on the '05 has got to be sooooo good that I don't think you can make it work to make up for 2 model years worth of depreciation. I bought my LGT LT MT Sedan in August of '05, MSRP: $30.3 my deal: $25.9 So chenc: how did you make your deal work? What was the MSRP and rebate you got? Mine was $500 off invoice and minus $1500 rebate.

The MSRP was $30525, the options are sub/amp, armrest, auto-dim mirror w/ homelink and rocker panel trim. Dealer cost was $27981 and I got $1372 below that plus the $1500 rebate and $500 Subaru to dealer cash. The dealer I got the LGT from is a high volume dealer so I think Subaru gives them per car sale bonus. According to the salesman that's how they make their money...

Dealer cost was $27981 and I got $1372 below that plus the $1500 rebate and $500 Subaru to dealer cash.

Looks like I'm buying in CO next time!!! ;) See you in late '07 or early '08!!! :D

Archived