LegacyGT.com

Impreza LED Illumination Kit: will it work in 08 LGT?

smkinsally

I just received an illumination kit that plugs directly into imprezas and foresters. When I bought it I was hoping to be able to make it work somehow with minimum wire splicing. When I was looking around under the dash I came across two seperate wires both with green connector harnesses on the ends, but the connectors don't fit the harness in the illumination kit.

Does any one know what these wires are? they are tucked under the carpet under the dash on the passenger side, right under the middle of the dash board.

Also has anyone messed around with this illumination kit and tried to hook it up in a legacy?

Any help would be great on this!

interesting, now i want one too, my last car i did it with hi output LEDs, after my neons kept falling onto my feet when driving. Wanted to do cold cathodes from PCs but heard some rumors about radiation not being good or something. Now if its something thats plug and play I think i want it too.

what is this illumination kit you speak of.

It is a Subaru accessory for imprezas and foresters that lights up the front floor. It is supposed to work with the factory interior gauge lights. I got the red kit to match the factory interior illumination.

I think I am ganna try and run power to the two lights from the power supply going to the cigarette lighter, i just dont know how I will turn the light on and off.

as of right now I cant find anything to directly plug into, so I might have to rig it to work, but I dont want to screw it up and void my warranty of the car cause i have 17,000 miles on it.

interesting, now i want one too, my last car i did it with hi output LEDs, after my neons kept falling onto my feet when driving. Wanted to do cold cathodes from PCs but heard some rumors about radiation not being good or something. Now if its something thats plug and play I think i want it too.

Doesn't seem like OEM Subaru stuff, the only sites it turns up on is the one you linked. You're probably going to have to wire it yourself.

If you need help let me know, I did something similar in the trunk. I replaced the tiny stock bulb with 4 sets of bright red LEDs, makes finding stuff in the truck way easier and has the bonus of looking really cool. Was considering lighting the footwells also but couldn't find a mount placement I thought was suitable.

If you need help let me know, I did something similar in the trunk. I replaced the tiny stock bulb with 4 sets of bright red LEDs, makes finding stuff in the truck way easier and has the bonus of looking really cool. Was considering lighting the footwells also but couldn't find a mount placement I thought was suitable.

could you post some pics?

that got me thinking after reading this, i always see the Neon strips to put inside your car. i always laughed at them in the store... your idea... just may give them merit now. not sure about the footwells, maybe only on when door opens. but the trunk... sounds like a good idea so far.

now i'm curious to see what it looks like.

I'll try and get a photo tonight after work when it's dark. It's painfully easy to do since the LEDs still use the same amount of power as the old bulb. All I did was hot wired the 12V LEDs with blade connectors, unplugged the old light and put the blades in the socket with some dielectric grease and electrical tape.

smkinsally, where do you plan to mount the LEDs? Are they strips? Do you have any photos of what they look like?

I still have the LEDs to do my footwells but I never finished it because I wanted them tucked away out of sight and never found a good place for them. This thread is rekindling my desire.

I'll take a pic later of them bc kinda hard to explain, like nothing I have seen before. i also bought for $30 4 strips of red neons that run on batterys. the strips are total bendable and can go anywhere.

Kit is supposed to be mounted under glove box and under steering wheel. DOnt reallly look like they will be out of way totally but will be hidden unless lookiing from floor

could you post some pics?

that got me thinking after reading this, i always see the Neon strips to put inside your car. i always laughed at them in the store... your idea... just may give them merit now. not sure about the footwells, maybe only on when door opens. but the trunk... sounds like a good idea so far.

now i'm curious to see what it looks like.

http://members.cox.net/spedonabike/Legacy/junkinthetrunk.jpg

Not the best of quality but low light photos are a bitch.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived