LegacyGT.com

Is the 2005 Subaru Legacy GT a easy maintenance car?

foolds

So I have owned 2 Subarus in my 10 years of driving. Never owned any thing else love the Subaru Wagon. I'm about to upgrade my 1996 legacy L (211k Miles) and get something quite a bit newer and nicer. I have been looking quite heavily at the 2005 Legacy Gt Wagon 5eat. My question is this a bad idea? if you had to buy you GT all over again would you buy the GT or would you get the h6? is the 2005 GT a Lemon?

welcome!!

If you keep the LGT stock it will be a very reliable vehicle, once modding starts you know the ole phrase.....gotta play to play;)

The H6 .......ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Guest JessterCPA
I enjoyed my 2005 LGT 5eat. It served me well, and I had no real mechanical issues at all.

75,000 miles and other than tires, brake pads, oil changes and all the regular maintainance, no real problems.

Replaced 2 headlight bulbs and the drivers heated seat no longer works, thats it.

No mods just a driver hauling mtn. bikes, hockey gear, the dog, lumber, whatever.

After 3 years I still really enjoy driving this car.

05 GT wgn 5eat

+1 05 LGT Sedan with 65K on it. Other than following my maintenance schedule, I rebuilt a front axle and replaced a front wheel bearing. Thats it :D Besides exhaust leaks that I caused from taking it apart and replacing my exhaust with aftermarket lol

It was a nice car for the little amount of times I drove it. Mainly during the winter time and kept it very nice.

I sold it to a car buying place and finally figured out that whining might have been my front wheel bearings but I just never bothered to check it out. But it doens't matter it's gone now, someone else who buys will have that problem.

Definitely not a lemon. Although if you drive like I do, expect to be paying for some numerous wear items falling apart quickly. As has been stated, once you start modding, it starts gettin expensive.

It'd also help if your dealership isn't complete douches about everything. Or just keep your mouth shut if you do mod.

Easy and cheap if you do it yourself. I haven't done anything to this car maint. that I haven't done to all my previous cars.

Meltdown, you must be taking you car to one of the local dealers? They charge more for their brake job with OEM equipment than mine cost with Hawk Pads and ATE Superblue fluid (just got one of their flyers in the mail).

Easy and cheap if you do it yourself. I haven't done anything to this car maint. that I haven't done to all my previous cars.

Meltdown, you must be taking you car to one of the local dealers? They charge more for their brake job with OEM equipment than mine cost with Hawk Pads and ATE Superblue fluid (just got one of their flyers in the mail).

You are correct sir. However, the average joe (like me) doesnt know how to switch out their break pads and fluid.

I could do an oil change myself, but I'd rather not.

That said, I've got a case of beer with your name on it if you want to do my pads :)

Go Cardinals!

You are correct sir. However, the average joe (like me) doesnt know how to switch out their break pads and fluid.

I could do an oil change myself, but I'd rather not.

That said, I've got a case of beer with your name on it if you want to do my pads :)

You happen to know my payment plan!

It isn't that hard, I'd be happy to show you how to do it sometime. Took me a couple hours to do it on my car & last time I bled out the brakes it took me less than 30 minutes total and I rotated the tires as well. If you need to turn or buy new rotors the cost goes up a bit.

I hear ya on the oil change, I've done probably 100 oil changes and make a mess everytime. Brakes are much cleaner.

You happen to know my payment plan!

It isn't that hard, I'd be happy to show you how to do it sometime. Took me a couple hours to do it on my car & last time I bled out the brakes it took me less than 30 minutes total and I rotated the tires as well. If you need to turn or buy new rotors the cost goes up a bit.

I hear ya on the oil change, I've done probably 100 oil changes and make a mess everytime. Brakes are much cleaner.

You've got PM. :)

Go Cardinals!

Archived