LegacyGT.com

Parkway Auto Body in Nutley

Guntrain

Any of u guys dealt with there work either with ur subaru or other cars? I had a front end collision a few weeks ago and im a bit antsy to see what the finish product will be like. Should i get a 2nd opinion and have the engine looked at by a mechanic once the body shop is done? Shop says only the Radiator and AC where damaged in the engine compartment i was suprised to hear that since the grill, headlights, hood NOT the bumper took alot of impact.

Guest JessterCPA
I have never seen any work done there, but I have a guy in Clifton and a guy in Lodi who both do good work. PM me if you are interested.

You have a picture of your car after the accident? I was invovled in a rear ended and it looked like my Corolla was really messed up. But only the radiator and other body parts needed to be replaced. it's hard to say w/o seeing and knowing more details of the accident. If you hit a pole or something then I would be more concerned.

I've seen places that work on high end cars but when they work on your car it seems to be the worse job ever or there will be a problem. I wonder if some of those places just have those cars to attract people who thinks nice cars means good work...

You have a picture of your car after the accident? I was invovled in a rear ended and it looked like my Corolla was really messed up. But only the radiator and other body parts needed to be replaced. it's hard to say w/o seeing and knowing more details of the accident. If you hit a pole or something then I would be more concerned.

Funny, cuz my corolla is my daily commuter car 165K miles and still hittin 32 mpg :) No, i didn't take any pics cuz i was way too upset. I just parked da car got out, and sat by myself on a step cursing at myself, so much so that not even the guy i hit, or my girl, came over to talk to me, lol.. Cop saw i was mad at myself and told me that a car is replacable and i wasnt, in hopes of cheering me up a bit. After i calmed down i was busy arguing wit da tow company cuz they wanted to tow with only da rear wheels on da ground, and he was tryin to tell me that i dont need to tell him how to do his job cuz he's been doing it for 25 years, i wanted to hulk smash him lol..

So thats why i was not able to take pics, i regret not takin pics now though. But story is i was behind a Diesel early 90's Ford pick up truck with raised suspension, mud tires, modified dual exhaust pipes, and one of those diamond plated steel bumpers? Anyways, car in front of him jammed on da brakes, then he did, i didn't have enough time and ended up hittin him at 15-20mph. My front bumper didnt get touched but since his truck was raised his exhaust went through my headlights and his steel bumper took out my grill, radiator and hood.. Everything above my front bumper absorbed most of the impact. Only damage to him was bent exhaust pipes and bent bumper. My car was all messed up. Looked more like i was driving 30mph. I was suprised to see my car crumble like that.

Yup, that's the crumple zone. The hood takes a good amount of the energy so the rest of the car is saved from more damaged. Either that or it's cheap ass metal.

I rear ended someone going about 40MPH by then heading to the toll booths, (it's was an asshole w/o EZPass cutting across lanes and stopped to try to cut over again like I can prepare for that shit and the nerve of that bitch to sue me for soft tissue damage, that is why you have high insurance from these assholes). It was raining that day and I was heading to the toll booth. Needless to say she should have gotten a ticket for cutting over the solid lines and I should be getting the damages reimbursed. I was hydroplaning and couldn't stop in time...

Anyway, back from the rant, I took it to some place in Newark and he fixed it pretty cheap and looking almost like never been in an accident...it's a 97 and I don't care as long as it's presentable which it was for the price I paid it was cheap.

But for a car you want to look good as new, you're going to expect to pay a good amount more...

GL on getting it fixed. When my 02 Forester was rear ended they sent me to Tony's Auto Body, let's just say they had a high end car but fixed mine shittily.

Archived