LegacyGT.com

Ignore this thread!!

sorry, i'm a 5mons old legacy owner! but last week i went to dealer and did my oil change. i tested the new OB and legacy. i love the OB. the sitting position is much relax than my legacy. the atmosphere in the new OB is quit comfortable! the shop locate aside the freeway, and that morning was a bit noisy ( mowing, blowing, heavy trucks passing by ..), but once i closed the door, look around. althought it's not quiet like those IS/GS/LS.. but wow... can't forget that moment of comfort!

mark

I heard the OB looks best in dark colours, to hide a lot of it's heft. What colour did you end up going with??

As it turns out, my in-laws are trading in their 2005 OB 2.5i for a new fully loaded 2010 OB in black. I can't wait to take it for a spin.

I convinced them to take black over silver as it'll look sleeker.

They opted for the leather, sunroof, and HK stereo/ full power seating control option for $3k.

As it turns out, my in-laws are trading in their 2005 OB 2.5i for a new fully loaded 2010 OB in black. I can't wait to take it for a spin.

I convinced them to take black over silver as it'll look sleeker.

They opted for the leather, sunroof, and HK stereo/ full power seating control option for $3k.

you may want to take a look that h/k stereo before you put it on your upgrade list ... i personally prefer the regular stereo over the HK.

mark

Extremely happy with my 2 week old '10 2.5i CVT OB. It's a stock base model and I can't think of extra options that I'd need (want? Sure, maybe alloys).

I will go ahead and get the all weather floor mats, cargo cover and rear bumper protector. Maybe the mud "flaps" and cargo rack down the road.

Fantastic ride, the CVT is better than any traditional auto trans that I've driven and tons of cargo space. My favorite little feature is the under floor storage bins in the back. All that random stuff you have rolling around back there has a nice place to be stowed away.

you may want to take a look that h/k stereo before you put it on your upgrade list ... i personally prefer the regular stereo over the HK.

mark

You have to be kidding! Do you have the HK in your car? Why don't you like it? Honestly I thought it was the best upgrade I could have paid for...

You have to be kidding! Do you have the HK in your car? Why don't you like it? Honestly I thought it was the best upgrade I could have paid for...

well, diff people has diff taste of sound, like red wine.

what music you use to listen in your car? i like soft vocal jazz, piano, classical music, and well, sometime r&b and techno. i don't usually crank up it above 12~15.

before i mod my sys, my bass/mid/treble setting was -3/+3/-1. after 2~3months, i bought a capacitor (220uF50v) to cut some bass below 160hz. with $1, it brought me a drastic improvement - boomy's gone! but it's still lacked of mid-mid to mid-hi and the sub was still too "obvious" to my taste. and not enough "ambience" due to the congested/opague tweeter.

2+mons later, i installed an new amp/tweeter, added an equalizer, i found out there was (from stock hu?) too much at 90~130Hz and also a little bit too much at 280Hz~ 900Hz (tubby?), but slightly missing at 1.6k~2.5khz range (see my eq, and see where i ) .

after 40+ times sitting in there/drive, listen, stop the car/back to trunk and fine tuning it, now the front spks' sound is kinda flat (stock woofer). but yet, can't tight up its low range yet, too much rattle if i HPF it below 90~110hz. and my Sub(stock) is LPF at 52hz. sounds ok to me now. next step is dynamat the door little bit, so my front spk can go down (70~80hz hopefully).

mark

ps: how do i know it's flat now? i've compared my sys with a hi-end sys ($10+k sys), with few high quality recording CDs and a whole afternoon!. i can't say i'm expert on audio system, but i started playing eq since 20+yrs ago. i think i know what sound is original/good .

i know i can't turn it as smooth/fine as my cousin's sys. but at least now it sounds much flat/uncolored, and nature to my taste.

DSC00569a.thumb.jpg.ed0b36405726f6b6b49ab2f7d350af22.jpg

oh beside, i think your HK is diff with mine. yours should come with 440w? and mine is 385w. same 9x speakers (i think?).

mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived