LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Raptor's Facebook page:

An we announce to the world - there shall be an EZ36 header. With a very small change our current EZ30 header presents as the worlds first EZ36 header. I will put in a production order for this piece ASAP

Stocks will be a little while ......... I think

its just to be on the safe side. most of the kinks and fabrication was worked out. With ECS/Raptor working together to provide a complete kit the install and tune time will be reduced greatly. since mine is first one ever there was a lot of changes made to brackets and the water cooling system to sit proper and look as Clean as it does . I took the hit so u future guys now have a straight forward install especially if u use ECS who now has weeks of experience with this setup. 10k budget is just so you have some cushion if problems occur.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

It is 51% power increase over stock at 4.3psi boost. 100hp gain

Would be impressive on dynojet :)

Headers typically add 30whp on H6. That is next

System price is USD4500

Edited by Tradewind

4-5 psi is perfect for this motor and DD. Sure the 7psi pulley is nice and can likely approac 415-430bhp tuned but the amount of wtq put down would likely need mechanical changes to the 5EAT for durability.

I love this kit and think its great as is at 4-5psi.

I believe its a watercooled compressor, correct?

It is 51% power increase over stock at 4.3psi boost. 100hp gain

Would be impressive on dynojet :)

Headers typically add 30whp on H6. That is next

System price is USD4500

It is not a 100hp gain. It is more like a 100whp gain over stock. That is impressive.

I am putting him at around 380 at the crank. That is almost 48% gain over stock. But, he does have a better exhaust than OEM, so not sure what difference that makes over just the SC kit.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

The supercharger transmission is liquid cooled and has its own radiator and pump system, this draws heat out of the transmission and also to a lesser degree from the compressor snail. Basically a normal oil filled gear type charger in the hot engine area will operate at about 185F, the liquid cooled charger typically operates at 85-95F.

The lower temp of the charger means it compresses more efficiently as the air within the compressor is taking up less heat, as this one heat source is mostly removed. There is still the heat of compression, but the total warmth added to the air is at a minimum compared to all other compressor types, but only because of this liquid cooling feature, it gives you a path to unload some heat.

The SC trans is often same as your body temp or even much less if weather is cold

These early indications point in the direction of a beast engine. I have seen other others making this kind of power gains at this same boost level - Toyota for example

The upgrade path going forward might look like this - from experience with H6 3.0

Headers - +30hp - new total 320whp

Boost is giving 25hp per psi at this stage, this ratio will fall as boost is increased, always does.

Extra 4psi @ 17hp per psi gives + ~65hp. New total inc headers and boost 388whp.

Something around 360hp+ at the wheel would be an expectation that is quite real

Edited by Tradewind

It is not a 100hp gain. It is more like a 100whp gain over stock. That is impressive.

I am putting him at around 380 at the crank. That is almost 48% gain over stock. But, he does have a better exhaust than OEM, so not sure what difference that makes over just the SC kit.

From my experience with the 3.0, changes at the rear of the system are necessary but yield no real gains unless coupled with a header system - then you can say the exhaust has contributed to power gains and power can rise by up to 30hp. Have seen a lot of this before and after, changing cat back on a 3.0 makes next to no difference, but if headers added you know with full confidence that exhaust is contributing to final power output. I believe the 3.6 car will be similar as many parts are similar to the 3.0 in this area

^^^ are you saying the supercharger is cooled by transmission fluid?

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

The SC has a water jacket on its transmission - coolant is pumped from dedicated radiator to supercharger and returned to radiator

There is no liquid connection to engine or any other part of the powertrain of the vehicle

I already have a transmission cooler installed. I don't know bow I would best tap in and still utilize the cooler I already have.