LegacyGT.com

SPT pics

MIKEBRAVO

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The shield is extra. I just put mine on without it, I'll retro fit it later I couldn't wait. The only thing I can say is if the whooshing of air and the spool of a turbo turns you on buy it:icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

Power gain- Its more like throttle responce. It reminds of when I put a pulley on my outback. Seems like it spools faster.

Butt dyno- Maybe a little torqe 5-7flb

Sound-Way louder if you nail it sounds alot like an STI. Maybe alittle louder:icon_bigg

Install- smooth 20 min. The instructions said to remove the air intake scoop but I put it back on looks way better-covers up the hole the resonator made.

584132119_SPTintake_320x240.jpg.ed3dbaf186f9844d05644a01b9a21877.jpg

I'll have a better idea about performance tomarrow on the way to work. I haven't really stood on it yet- letting the ECU do its thing for a bit. Overall, I am very pleased so far.

P.S. for all members that have any questions just feel free to ask (I work for Subaru)

Has any datalogging been done to compare this intakes MAF readings (G/S) VS the stock airbox?? I think that is the biggest concern here for some of us.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Have you heard a K+N Typhoon to compare this one to? My birfday is coming up and I'm thinking either K+N or the SPT.

Looks good!

Good idea w/ covering the hole w/ the intake scoop.

But I assume this wouldn't work if you had the heat shield, right?

Anyone know if this intake is CARB exempt/smog legal in CA?

MikeBravo got his intake from my dealership when I was putting mine on so I have met him in person and talked to him and he is a great guy. There is a Carb sticker that comes with the intake as someone else allready stated. With the heatshield I'm pretty sure you wont be able to use the scoop still but I don't know that for a fact. I'll have to find out about the filter (oil or not) and get back to you guys on that. If I had to say what kind of performance gains it gives I would say with the intake alone and no exhaust (stock turboback) your not gonna feel anything much but it gives better throttle response and maybe 2-3 hp at most so far. I'm certain that with a full turboback installed and a protune you could expect near 50hp+.

Looks good!

Good idea w/ covering the hole w/ the intake scoop.

But I assume this wouldn't work if you had the heat shield, right?

Anyone know if this intake is CARB exempt/smog legal in CA?

Yes, it is California CARB legal. In fact, there is a sticker in the kit that you are supposed to apply which indicates this. The only exception is for NEW California Vehicles.

Covering the hole w/ the intake scoop wasn't my idea it was Ministiguy's, he has one too, and I have to admitt it does look good

Is that a washable/oilable filter? If so, is Subaru going to release a 'cleaning kit' of some sort for it?

It is a disposable filter. Subaru will be selling replacement filter media that is pre-oiled.

Archived