LegacyGT.com

Need help with ASAP for peace of mind.

Today I put my ISC Coilovers on my car. Unfortunately the axle fell out of the drivers side of the tranny (connected just not fully seated) while dropping the old suspension. I did not realize it at the time and lowered the car back down I noticed some fluid leaking from where the axle meets the tranny (small puddle):eek:. I jacked the car back up and reseated the axle correctly. I noticed no more leaking after that. Continued and put the rears COs in. Even after a couple of hours there wasn't even another drop on the floor.

I was at an auto hobby shop on base when this happened and one of the guys that works there (I think he is ASE certified) said that it is normal to have the small amount of fluid leak like I had come out if the axle is not seated right.

Has anyone else had this happen? Should I be worried? I need some peace of mind. :confused:

I currently have a oil change pan under the axle/tranny to see if there is anymore that leaks out over night.

Thanks

You'll be fine as long as you got it back in all the way.

Drive and check it in the AM, but you should be fine.

We had one pop out at the drag strip once, Just pushed it back in, had to use a 5lb hammer on the outter end to seat it, but it was fine after that.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

We've done tons of suspension and never had an axle pop out like that but what you described sounds exactly normal if it did pop out. The axle shouldve snapped into place and shouldnt move if you give it a slight tug.

Just make sure you top off your transmission fluid since you did have a leak. The good thing is that you cant lose a ton of fluid that way so you should be fine if you need to drive to the store and pick some up.

-Jake

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg http://upload.pbase.com/image/137566671.jpg Call directly for your best Whiteline Price! | We also carry almost every manufacturer now, so before you buy parts call us.

AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Direct Jobber

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Well I didn't think about it and did not remove the axle nut like a dumb ass and when the suspension came out and the rotor swung forward it pulled the shaft out part of the way. I am hoping I didn't break the seal.

I checked it this morning and not a single drop in the oil catch pan I placed under it last night. I took it for a ride to get the fluids nice and warm, parked the car in the driveway and put the pan back underneath to see if any more fluid leaks. Thanks for all the help guys.

Archived