LegacyGT.com

Are the older legacy's TURBO?

Bob N is correct. Only the non-US Legacys had turbos in the older generations running either a 2.0L twin turbo, 2.0L single turbo, or 2.2 NA motor or even a 2.2L single turbo. Everyone in the world had 2.5L NA motors.

Keefe

Keefe

I CALL REVOKE MODERATOR STATUS!!! :D I'm just a new Subaru owner and even I know the 1990-1994 Legacy had a turbo option. A nice closed-deck motor to boot, and the uppipe fits the current 2.5L turbo. Hell, I was beside a turbo wagon a few weeks ago! I WANT TO BE MODERATOR NOW! ;)

http://www.cars101.com/subaru_legacy_archive.html

2.2L turbo charged 4 cylinder Boxer engine

HP 160@5600rpm, torque 181@2800rpm

multi-port fule injection, 15.( US gal tank, Premium fuel 91 Octane

Sport Tuned Suspension

http://www.legacycentral.org/library/turbo_faq.htm

Q: Is my 2.2L engine the same as in the non-turbo models?

A: No, the engine displacement is the same, but the engine is very different. In fact, it's unique to the US market to the best of our knowledge. The block is of a closed-deck design, ideal for high-boost applications. The crank and rods are forged, while the pistons are cast. This combination should be good for at least 300hp with proper engine management without needing to replace any internals.

I CALL REVOKE MODERATOR STATUS!!! :D I'm just a new Subaru owner and even I know the 1990-1994 Legacy had a turbo option. A nice closed-deck motor to boot, and the uppipe fits the current 2.5L turbo. Hell, I was beside a turbo wagon a few weeks ago! I WANT TO BE MODERATOR NOW! ;)

http://www.cars101.com/subaru_legacy_archive.html

2.2L turbo charged 4 cylinder Boxer engine

HP 160@5600rpm, torque 181@2800rpm

multi-port fule injection, 15.( US gal tank, Premium fuel 91 Octane

Sport Tuned Suspension

Wow you just typed out a bitch slap there :lol:

The 02's sure needed a turbo. We had one with a 5-speed and it was a dog. I never tried to beat someone away from a stoplight because it couldn't.

My sister bought an '04 Legacy SE 5MT (Silver) last year and when I pulled up in my '05 Legacy GT 5MT (Also Silver) last November she was in love and her husband was jealous! Nothing like love and jealousy in the family!

They loved the power and tried to trade in their '04 for a GT but they were too far over/under (or vice versa)) in their payments. Oh well, timing is everything...

The 02's sure needed a turbo. We had one with a 5-speed and it was a dog. I never tried to beat someone away from a stoplight because it couldn't.

+1! i never intentionally try to beat people off the light, but people around here would never make good drag racers (i.e they have the R.T. of a 90 y/o) so i leave them in the dust all the time in my normal driving.

somedays i wish i was married so someone could pay half my mortage so i could trade in my '02 on an '05 (i'm still upside down on it)...then i slap myself back into reality and have another drink!

Kenda

+1! i never intentionally try to beat people off the light, but people around here would never make good drag racers (i.e they have the R.T. of a 90 y/o) so i leave them in the dust all the time in my normal driving.

somedays i wish i was married so someone could pay half my mortage so i could trade in my '02 on an '05 (i'm still upside down on it)...then i slap myself back into reality and have another drink!

Kenda

My '98 LGT is pretty quick off the line with my measley 165hp. First gear is pretty low, so it has good takeoff. If I want to, I can beat most cars from a light. But it never hurts to have that little extra that a turbo gives, just in case...

I have an autobox, and I appreciate what Subaru did with the shiftpoints at WOT. It shifts just shy of redline. At partial throttle it doesn't always shift where I want it to, but with my foot on the floor, it's perfect.

Tim

Snippet of my '91 Leggy behind the motorcycle...

Almost 200K miles and still going...

Stacie, you got me beat by a long shot. I've only got 123K on my '98. Just changed all my fluids (oil, tranny, coolant, & diff), filters (air, oil, & fuel), got new plugs and wires, new Rota Tarmac II 17" wheels w/ Pirelli PZero Neros and I'm set for another 100 thousand (well, maybe only fifty on the Pirellis).

It runs almost like new. It definitely feels as tight as new. No bumps, rattles, or squeaks (other than the trunk contents flopping around during hard cornering... :D ). It's a nice, solid car. The steering isn't quite as precise as I'd like, but it's good enough until I upgrade to my 2007 Legacy STi (if we get one - a guy can hope, can't he?).

Tim

BTW, nice bike Stacie!

Archived