LegacyGT.com

JDM bumper conv. count

panamajack

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From those that have posted. I think 4 jdm front bumper conversions and 2 jdm rear conversions.

1. thatericguy (first to do it on the board)- Wagon-front jdm spec b bumper w/rear jdm bumper, hacked his stock bumper beams if I remember correctly.

2. psydiziik- sedan front jdm 2.0 gt front bumper, hacked his bumper beam also.

3. 4boxparts- wagon front jdm spec b w/rear jdm bumper. Used jdm beams.

4. Creosti- sedan front jdm spec b bumper. Used jdm beam.

There may be others that haven't posted though.

I replaced everything w/the correct jdm pieces. All my usdm parts are in a box in the garage.:lol:

I ordered the JDM Spec B front bumper and JDM BL5 rear bumper (both used), but I didn't order the JDM under tray. I'm not sure if they can fit w/o the jdm under tray.:icon_conf What about hacking the under tray to make it fit?:icon_conf Anyone here knows if that is possible??

I ordered the JDM Spec B front bumper and JDM BL5 rear bumper (both used), but I didn't order the JDM under tray. I'm not sure if they can fit w/o the jdm under tray.:icon_conf What about hacking the under tray to make it fit?:icon_conf Anyone here knows if that is possible??
Where there's a will there's away. I'm sure you can get it to fit. Probably just need o do some trimming then redrill some holes to be able to use the pop-its.

Haven't done it yet - but plan to eventually. Since my accident, I am not 100% satisfied with the way my bumper looks. So I figure it is a good excuse to "upgrade". I plan to go through AVO when the time comes.

If you don't mind me asking, what did they charge you for the bumpers?

Super JDM part out: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65039

PM me an offer!

• 1 month later...
I think im ready togo the spec b route, should i order the complete kit from japanparts or just the bumper and do a hack, car is at the body shop and they want 500 just to repair it. What can be reused from the usdm beside bar undertray and so forth can alllips be used and related bolts and if so is the jdm bumper secure, if not i might as well spend a few extra bucks and buy the complete deal.

I DID IT FINALLY!!!!!:spin:

After months of searching and waiting, I finally transformed my USDM Legacy into a JDM Legacy (except clearing the corners). For those who are still guessing whether hacking is possible. All I can say is, IT IS POSSIBLE. :icon_twis Both my JDM SpecB front end, and JDM rear bumper are used, and they came with nothing -- no beam, no undertray, no bolts. I paid $900 Cdn including shipping/taxes for the F/R bumpers, then paid another $500 for repainting/instaling. The shop that I go to has tons of experience converting USDM to JDM (not the Legacy, but Civic and Integra) so it wasn't an issue to them. What they did to make them fit was to cut the beam in half, trimmed the undertray, and reuse all the USDM bolts. For the fog lights, they just custom made two brackets to hold the USDM fog lights. Everything is perfectly installed and secured like it just rolled off from a Subaru plant in Japan.:icon_wink

Hope more people on this board can convert their USDM to JDM.:icon_mrgr

1260498608_RotationofMisc.pic026.thumb.jpg.5c0b71fbc0db76a41850727d8eec6a5e.jpg

2139144711_ResizeofResizeofResizeofRe-exposureofMisc.pic020.jpg.d63847974c185766ac44728cd5991395.jpg

1928278899_ResizeofMisc.pic027.jpg.cf029bbf76c58af423a6aed2c6941444.jpg

511310473_ResizeofMisc.pic011.jpg.f3171d640618926d2cc906b8d0dcfa34.jpg

Beautiful! I love it, especially on a black car.

I DID IT FINALLY!!!!!:spin:

After months of searching and waiting, I finally transformed my USDM Legacy into a JDM Legacy (except clearing the corners). For those who are still guessing whether hacking is possible. All I can say is, IT IS POSSIBLE. :icon_twis Both my JDM SpecB front end, and JDM rear bumper are used, and they came with nothing -- no beam, no undertray, no bolts. I paid $900 Cdn including shipping/taxes for the F/R bumpers, then paid another $500 for repainting/instaling. The shop that I go to has tons of experience converting USDM to JDM (not the Legacy, but Civic and Integra) so it wasn't an issue to them. What they did to make them fit was to cut the beam in half, trimmed the undertray, and reuse all the USDM bolts. For the fog lights, they just custom made two brackets to hold the USDM fog lights. Everything is perfectly installed and secured like it just rolled off from a Subaru plant in Japan.:icon_wink

Hope more people on this board can convert their USDM to JDM.:icon_mrgr

Archived