LegacyGT.com

0-60 mph

Guess this must really be a dumb question.. My car was driven on wastegate pressure for a long time. ..and after finally getting it tuned I've forgotten what it feels like to conduct spirited driving. As such....I couldn't remember if I was able to reach 60 in second gear. But it's ok...I've searched. Will go to other forums and search some more.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

whats a speed shift

Keeping the revs higher then the next gear would normally require. And shifting hard into the next gear.

IE failing to let the revs drop going from 3rd to 4th. The 'extra' power is slammed through the clutch and into the wheels.

Read about "full throttle shift" on Cobb AP.

The AP can set the rev limit and keep the engine safe while you shift.

Either way, with trannys made of glass, its not a good idea, IMO.

There are other options you can program in to other systems like Motec and AEM that will keep the turbo spooled and give a soft engagement into the next gear while you "flat foot shift" too. For inquiring minds you can research it.

But yes, my wagon will hit 60 in 2nd gear very easily. Makes passing people on the backroads real easy. Did it yesterday, its amazing how quick the car in that gear.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thanks guys...I had a wrx before and that seemed to have gotten up there in second gear. Now... I'm tuned. . But by second..rpms are up there,engine is screaming but speedo is barely climbing above 45. I'm not saying this is necessary though. At regular speeds...the car performs well. 65-100 is a breeze and torque throughtout the powerband is phenomenal. So I was just trying to figure if it was a tune thing or if clutch was unable to keep up...thanks for the responses chaps.

Thanks guys...I had a wrx before and that seemed to have gotten up there in second gear. Now... I'm tuned. . But by second..rpms are up there,engine is screaming but speedo is barely climbing above 45. I'm not saying this is necessary though. At regular speeds...the car performs well. 65-100 is a breeze and torque throughtout the powerband is phenomenal. So I was just trying to figure if it was a tune thing or if clutch was unable to keep up...thanks for the responses chaps.

slipping clutch?

From the factory, it needs to be in 3rd to hit 60. With a tune and raised rev limit, 60 is attainable in 2nd, which is why 0-60 times drop so much between stock and stg 1.

Negative. A2WC522N stock ROM shows rev limiter at 6700 which brings you to just about 63.42 on stock 215/45 17 wheels.

wasn't paying attention but I was wanting to pass a bunch of slow assholes on the highway on ramp that dont know how to drive and got to 80 without shifting to 3rd but I may be wrong

auto to 5mt comparison? 80mph in 2nd gear isn't going to happen in a 5mt, no matter what tune you run.

At redline, I get 63 in 2nd. 3rd is about 95. It pulls hard all the way, however, the tune is very specific to allow for that.

You're a stage 3... aftermarket turbo. Hmm. Well, you can tell your clutch is on the way out if you're in 4th gear and say, 2500 and floor it and watch what happens as your boost builds. If the RPMs suddenly shoot up, it's slipping.

Well, here's a breakdown:

At 6000 RPM, your speed in 1st should be 33.7MPH. 2nd is 56.8MPH. 3rd is 82.5MPH.

So you don't have to be accelerating, but if you bring your engine up to 6K in those gears and just let off the throttle, you should be at those speeds while the car rapidly decelerates from engine braking.

Since you're not accelerating, you can pretty much eliminate the clutch slipping as a possibility.

Archived