LegacyGT.com

Subaru Bucks - Mastercard Worth it?

Hi all,

Just got my "Subaru Bucks" Mastercard offer in the mail. Gotta say, I'm very tempted. I work about 10 miles from the King of Parts which I've heard accepts Subaru Bucks. If I get them to accept it for a Cobb Short Shifter and Sway bars (~$500 worth) and then, possibly, an AP in the future...well that'd be just fantastic.

Subaru is saying they give you back 3% of all purchases. Well, my current credit card gives 1-2% (depending on where you purchase) and I get massive amounts back from that (I buy everything on credit card....probably get $900 a year). If i can get $500 in Subaru Bucks a year and use my other credit card for the rest, and King of Parts accepts it for mods and then future repairs (lol), I feel like this is totally worth it.

Anything I'm missing?

Joe

i keep mine in my car in case i have absolutely nothing on me.

wallet lost/stolen etc...got my m/c.

fwiw the starbucks duetto card is where it's at. 1% cash back....PLUS if you are registered you get free add ons on your coffee which equates to 20+% savings per drink.

THE card to get imo (for me anyways) is the amex blue cash.

Ok...sounds good guys, thanks! I realized laying in bed this morning that I could also extend my warranty using Subaru Bucks....a huge advantage considering my cars is one of the ones from the Stop Sale (i.e. made 1 week after the effected vehicles VINs, but 2 weeks before the stop sale went into effect). And, of course, looking at the powertrain section tends to make one think of long warranties being a good thing :)

I pay off my balance every month on my credit cards, and I can totally see spending $2000 in Subaru Bucks on Cobb sways, Short Shifter, AccessPort, and other assorted goodies down the line.

Joe

My wife has one and I do and get ($500/each year x2). I do all service all dealer using this. We pay it off each month. The listed APR for us is 13% last time I noticed. I have had the card for 7 years now.

Archived