LegacyGT.com

Quite Beep while driving

I've been noticing a faint beep while driving that I can't figure out. It is similar to the SI-Drive mode change beep, but about half as loud, and a slightly different tone.

There are no dash indicators while the beep beeps.

Everything is normal and fine.

It is NOT the ET 2 hours beep.

thx

+1 on the doors and/or trunk. But usually, the little display thingy will show the trunk lid open on the 07's.

I know I noticed that faint beep while moving and looked at the little display thingy right away and it showed the trunk.

Also, try opening and closing all the doors, hood and trunk just to be sure i guess.

Do you drive with your hand/arm resting on the back your passenger seat? I used to, until the seat belt indicator chime kept goin off. It didn't show up on the dash because the indicator is on the roof...took forever to figure it out. I'm not sure where your indicator is, but it's worth investigating.

arg.

not my cell phone

not my clutch :)

it IS a manual

not I-mode shift light

not a seatbelt

nearly 100% it's not the doors / trunk because I've had them all opened and closed several times today and over the week.

very odd in deed

thanks for the great ideas though.

I think you have to have really sensitive ears to hear it.

Perhaps being a little paranoid will help too :lol:

I hear the beep you're talking about from time to time. Sounds like it's coming from the left side of the dash somewhere. It is very odd.

I do not believe it to be related to any "warning" or other indicator type tone. It is too quiet for this type of thing.

I've seen no correlation to when it happens or why. Sometimes I'm just driving on my way home from work, and I hear the beeping. Dunno :iam:

TravisS - So I'm not crazy (not THAT crazy)

I am the kind of person that hears the high tone that printers and TV's produce from just being on.

It IS way to quite to be a real warning.

it's NOT the parking brake - that is different

it's NOT the temp -

it's not the clock (not regular intervals)\

glad someone else noticed it though!!

I drove around with a beep once. Turns out it was the case of beer on my passenger seat that was setting off the passenger air bag sensor. It was beeping at me because passenger (case of beer) didn't have a seat belt on :lol:

Do you have anything on your passenger seat setting off the weight sensor?

TravisS - So I'm not crazy (not THAT crazy)

I am the kind of person that hears the high tone that printers and TV's produce from just being on.

It IS way to quite to be a real warning.

it's NOT the temp -

it's not the clock (not regular intervals)\

glad someone else noticed it though!!

Okay - well that just about covers everything. I guess the beep doesn't really exist.

Maybe it is a low battery indicator on a camera, cell phone, AP, etc. in your glovebox?

Dunno if it's coming from the same spot for both of us, but for me, definately not.

Sound is from left side of dash, kinda like where the gauge brightness knob is. At least, I think that's where it's coming from. I haven't stuck my head down there while driving or pulled over on the side of the road for it :lol:

I do not keep my cell phone on my dash.

It's quiet enough that I have to turn off radio and HVAC to hear it. This could be part of the reason I do not hear it often, as I generally have both on.

I think the shape of the dash throws sounds around though. For example a rattle that comes from the rear view mirror sounds like it is coming from the center of the dash. Perhaps it is not coming from where it sounds like it is? Dunno.

Easy to ignore though, it's just... a really weird thing to hear.

it's NOT the temp -

it's not the clock (not regular intervals)

It's not my phone

It's not the fox in the box

It's not the mouse in the house

I do not like that noise that beeps

I do not like it heaps and heaps

I do not like that quiet beep

Seuss rules

Archived