1. 1. Which uppope should I buy?

• GrimmSpeed
    • not Grimmspeed
    • Turbo XS
    • not Tubo XS
    • DC Sports
    • not DC Sports
    • other

I thought I was doing good by buying a quality uppipe from Perrin, but after a couple hundred dollars in gaskets and trying every different install procedure I could find on the web, I still have a leak at the lower uppipe connection.

I'm going to buy a different pipe and I think one with a flex section will get the flanges flat and help it seal properly, but I'm not sure who's to buy. I don't want to spend a huge amount of money so I have it narrowed down to three. DC Sports, GrimmSpeed, or Turbo XS. I'm not really swayed by the fact that some come with studs and gaskets and some don't becasue I'm going to use Remflex gaskets and $5 in exhaust studs is no big deal.

I'd like to hear peoples experence with these pipes good or bad. I like that the Turbo XS and GrimmSpeed have smaller flex sections located in a straight part of the pipe and that the flex is closer the the problematic end, but how is the quality between the three when it comes to type of metal used, flange thickness and build quality?

The Greddy doesn't have a flex and I don't want to be in the same boat I'm in now.

I had thought about the STi or the '07+ LGT but they don't seem to be as readily available because there is really no reason the upgrade them, right?

The Greddy doesn't have a flex and I don't want to be in the same boat I'm in now.

I had thought about the STi or the '07+ LGT but they don't seem to be as readily available because there is really no reason the upgrade them, right?

Is Greddy not good to use? I'm about to order a Greddy UP and a catless Invidia DP today..

I've had both styles on two different subies and it's not that the installation is easier, but alot of people have trouble getting the lower connection at the exhaust manifold to seal and a flex section seem to help with the fit/seal.

I've had both styles on two different subies and it's not that the installation is easier, but alot of people have trouble getting the lower connection at the exhaust manifold to seal and a flex section seem to help with the fit/seal.

but it doesn't affect performance?

There's actually a local guy who has one for sale, I'm just waiting for him to reply to my PM. If I can get and STi pipe for a good price, maybe I can spring for the GrimmSpeed mid section too. What kind of performance increase potential if there with the mid pipe (between the manifolds)?

I got my TurboXS for ~$150 shipped from ebay and I have no complaints. I used OEM gaskets and it hasn't leaked with over 6K miles of use. It even came with the resistor for the EGT delete.

Archived