LegacyGT.com

enginuity road dyno Stg1 self tuned. 06mt

Stockish lgt 06mt

k&n panel filter

self tuned.

enginuity and tactrix 2.0 cable

90k miles

target psi is 16 at 3k to 5k and tapering to 9 at redline.

target afr is 11.8

Average of 11 degrees of base timing at 2.2 (g/rev)and up at 3200rpm to redline

Would not let me change the alt to sea leval.

Delta weight is 300ibs, stock wheels, tires.

This was also before I got home from my hour drive from work.

93oct

Excuse the jump in the plot, let off the gas fast and hit the brakes pretty hard.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f338/adosdrummer/roaddyno_zps397adc05.png

The first dyno plot is completely off, just notice there was no hp and torque cross.

But luckily I got another road log on the same rom. Im not looking for numbers.. just differences and gains.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f338/adosdrummer/baselinestg1_zpsa619c4dd.png

MY problem with these Dynos are that the torque and HP does not cross at 5252.

Edit: I didn't notice the scales were different on the two sides of y axis.

What I do these days though, is use Virtual Dyno. I simply use romraider to log throttle opening angle and engine speed, among other params, then drag and drop the CSV file over virtual dyno's window, select LGT 2005 and bam, a more accurate dyno plot. Plus, if u log more parameters u get to see where the boost correlate with the gains, as well as mass airflow, timing, just about anything u log. Your road dyno is pretty close, but virtual dyno is more accurate and more helpful. PM me if anything.

But still, good to use Virtual dyno as u get to analyse the curve.

Sure, I will look into that program pretty soon. The only good I have seen from romraiders dyno is that it at least stays consistent with unchanging conditions.. back to back runs yields the most I have seen is 3whp/trq..

I fully suspect the car does not make that much power, but using the plots to help understand and visualize the changes in the tune and butt dyno.

Lately the power has dropped off since these dataloggs and runs.

boost builds a little slower and the power feels more linear.. Almost like it did without the pill. So I suspect my stock intercooler has a leak, or the turbo is failing.. I can not find a leak in the lines. My next bet is a compression test and I can also check and change the spark plugs.

I was using a friends lc1, So I can not at this time re-check afr's.

MY problem with these Dynos are that the torque and HP does not cross at 5252. IDk, but that spells inaccuracy for me. What I do these days is use Virtual Dyno. I simply use romraider to log throttle opening angle and engine speed, then drag and drop the CSV file over virtual dyno's window, select LGT 2005 and bam, a more accurate dyno plot. Plus, if u log more parameters u get to see where the boost correlate with the gains, as well as mass airflow, timing, jsut about anything u log. Your road dyno is pretty close, but virtual dyno is more accurate and more helpful. PM me if anything.

Remember, TQ and HP should cross at 5252 RPM

Sorry for the epistle, but your dyno looks great, just a bit off,

They don't cross because the scales are different on each side.

• 1 month later...

Seems that romraider is a little more realistic.. but it doesn't do this.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f338/adosdrummer/Screenshot4_zps35d029d2.png

That's not my car btw.. I do not have knock like that... :p

that's a n/a 2.5l impreza with an exhaust and I built him a 3in intake from the stock airbox to the TB. I tuned him without the intake.. and it seems that with the new intake he has surpassed the power he can make on 87oct and my timing, or it could be all the fuel drowning out spark now.

Archived