LegacyGT.com

Can I get SPT parts with VIP Pricing?

Neurodancer

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42888&stc=1&d=1190378425

Hello,

I've searched the forums and I can't find where this question may have been addressed, so I'm hoping someone here knows the answer. I've used the VIP program to order an OBP LGT (coming in a few days! http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42892&stc=1&d=1190378904). Jon's stickie tells how the program works, but SPT is not specifically addressed.

The way I read the program description, it is at the dealer's discretion on offering VIP pricing on dealer installed options & accessories. My question is if a dealer is able to include SPT in this program. If so, I will work on ensure that they are willing to give me this pricing. Does anyone know if I can get this pricing?

Thanks for your help!

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42890&stc=1&d=1190378682

questionmark.gif.d6ea597eba426020696aeca51feae2d7.gif

wavey.gif.58a07a5d95182142718e9283d79ff47f.gif

dancing.gif.48a69f454a7105bf6161cb0c5bf741af.gif

Why would you want them; I mean you can buy a key chain and a travel mug anywhere :lol:

That said; if the dealer wants to make the deal they will give you the price you want.

I understand the sentiment, but I was actually thinking of something functional. The CBE is interesting to me and while it would be cheaper to source MR or (more likely) Cobb, rolling it into my payment is an attractive option if I can get it at a fair price.

Giving me "a price" can happen with any source, but 2% under invoice is better than any dealer is likely to give me when I'm already getting a VIP vehicle.

I know I'm being cheap, but money saved gives me more for the other mods on my list: AP (if ever released), TMIC, DP, Fuel Pump, Protune, Sways, Rims, etc...

Thanks for the quick responses, btw...

see my previous post.

VIP is for vehicle purchase, not parts. you can find some great prices on SPT stuff from vendors on here.. KINGOFPARTS is one I have personally used several times.

Fair enough -- I was just hoping that if I ask again I might get a different answer. I just wish that a Subaru program would apply to all Subaru parts.

If the dealer is putting on Subaru branded parts prior to my taking delivery, I was hoping the full benefit of VIP could be applied... :spin:

Thanks for your follow-up.

many dealers will give you a discounted price on the parts, but as grayson has already stated, it's up to the dealer.

i can get SPT parts at cost but that's because hubby works for the dealer.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

I think the short throw shifter is possibly the only exception in that it's sold on the SPT website, but it is technically an STI part which is installed at the SIA factory.

All the other SPT stuff (and MOMO and STI) things are installed by the dealer or you as the consumer so they don't qualify for VIP pricing.

If you have the short throw put on by the dealer it's not supposed to be part of the VIP plan either (mine was on the car already so I did get VIP on it), but as with anything it's negotiable through the dealer. My guess is they won't throw in the labor to install parts though even though they might budge on prices for accessories.

I don't know if this is late or not, but i'm just wondering why you would be worried about saving a few dollars on the parts.. Then rolling them into your loan, which will accrue interest? Does it not defeat any purpose of trying to get a cheap price?

Personally, I would rather pay straight out for modifications. Especially considering they net very little returns on resale. I don't know, just my opinion I suppose.

I don't know if this is late or not, but i'm just wondering why you would be worried about saving a few dollars on the parts.. Then rolling them into your loan, which will accrue interest? Does it not defeat any purpose of trying to get a cheap price?

Personally, I would rather pay straight out for modifications. Especially considering they net very little returns on resale. I don't know, just my opinion I suppose.

Hey Deibs,

I like the SPT CBE, but I think a Cobb unit is comparable (my preference). However, if I get the SPT product installed before taking posession, not only will I be able to roll it into the payment but warranty will cover it as well. And the 2% below invoice pricing would bring it well below Cobb and maybe into the Borla range (don't really know what invoice on the SPT CBE is). If I roll it into my payment, $25 per month frees up $1000 for other mods and 5% is a decent rate.

But it looks like a moot point as the feedback I've gotten is that VIP does not apply to the CBE and I'll likely go with Cobb for a full TBE.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Coming in on this a bit late, but going through one of the dealerships who sell online is a better option. They sell to the performance crowd, and arrange to sell their parts wholesale, plus a small profit margin, which usually comes in to a lot less than SoA's MSRP (i.e. what price you see on http://spt.subaru.com ).

www.annapolissubaru.com (ask for Jackie)

www.subaruwrxparts.com (in NH, no sales tax)

www.subarugenuineparts.com (ask for Jamie - "Subie Gal" the rally girl)

www.subaruparts.com (been around forever)

www.subaruproparts.com (also in NH)

There's others but all of those are good. "North Ursalia" (Brian from www.northursalia.com, a big 2.5RS reference site) built the SubaruWRXParts page, when he worked there. It looks better than the others and is better-organized, IMHO.

Archived