LegacyGT.com

Power seats not working

Do your windows work? the seats are on the same circuit according to the wiring diagram

The seats receive power from a White wire with a green stripe down it and are grounded to the chassis right under the seat. If your windows still work i would guess you have a grounding issue since both seats don't work

same thing here. windows work fine. all of a sudden both seats stopped working.

same exact problem., fuse is still good. i need to get that seat out of my car so i can remove that nasty TPMS harness thats wreaking havoc on my CAN system . driving without a speedo is getting really old. anyone know the exact location of the ground? mitchell diagrams say its in the trunk. this doesnt make sense to me

• 1 month later...
:eek:

VTEC wont kick if the speedo dont work! :p

dude its killing me, im losing to turbo cobras and what not on the streets!! if i had VTEC working id be whomping all over them with my 1.6:L of fury!!!!!!:spin:

Hi, i'm stuckling with this same issue.

Both seats stop suddenly working, the drivers seat was the first. When i tried to adjust it. It felt just like the trying and didn't have enough power.

Now when time has passed it won't even try to move anymore, the voltage from the connector has been drop under 12v. If car stands still without driving it it goes even under 8-7volts.

I have look the wiring map and also made a nearby grounding point for the drivers seat. No luck, it seems more like a Power issue than the grounding issue.

If you look the wiring map there's a connectors GB-8 (mounting point) and the B27 connector where the power comes from.

I hope tomorrow i can say what causes this.. Seats works fine, i have made for those a short wires so i can drive em from the cigar lighter plug if i have to.

Car is still under warranty, but i don't wanna just spend my time because they there replaced the memory unit for the drivers seat, next suggestion was replacing the seat motors.

Well, zero pictures taken. I was so pissed chasing the wirings all day..

but here''s how i describe things. Behind the kickpanels, there are connectors (B27) also known as rear section wireset. what runs from drivers side to the passenger side behind the kick panel over the center tunnel and seats are attached to it.

I didn't took off the passenger side kickpanel and problem i have remained. In my case i think there might be a change to find it from that passenger side. I have a interior heater socket there (AC plug) where i can connect my heater at wintertime.

I suspect those mounting screws can cause problems, because there ain't much space at the driver side.

I think i will do a bubblegum fix soon. Take the +12v and ground from the cigarette lighter of armrest console so i don't have t suffer this anymore.

Interior still in pieces..

I will add some pictures and if you have the legacy wiring diagrams those will help you much..

youd be my hero if you find the real reason as to why this is failing. i can strip and restore my interior once and for all. it sucks too because im 6'3 so my seats pushed back to the point where the bolts are covered. so i cant take it out.

I had the same problem with rear bolts, just loosen the front mounting bolts of the seat.

then pull/push it to lean backwards, you should get about 2-3" space under the front side.

now you can put you hand to under it at the front side there are the connectors.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v365/schwartzki/DSC_0989.jpg

The black connector is the one you should loosen, just bravely unmount it.

Push it backwards and the whole package (seat side connector / car side connector) will loosen off.

when the wire is now loosen, open the connector and look the seat side socket. There you will see red and black wire. These are the wires to attach a +12v and Ground with some abiko connectors or similar.

http://www.anglo.fi/site/kuvat/tk_kuva_abiko.jpg

Now you will have a wires what allow you to drive your seat around until this issue is solved.

Remember to tighter the mounting bolts of the front side.

If you seat won't move now the problem is on your seat, same method to test both sides.

image lended from another topic called HOW TO: Fix your heated seat

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody,

I fixed this problem today.

:spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin:

:attention::woowoo:

so.. i have few pictures for you :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5135810/s%C3%A4hk%C3%B6vika/problem1.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5135810/s%C3%A4hk%C3%B6vika/problem2.jpg

Archived