• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LIES! :lol:

Glad it's almost over.

Especially when they discovered a leak in the kitchen right before I had to move so I had no kitchen for the first 4 days (new sub-floor, cabinets, dishwasher, back splash all around). Can't complain, land lady handled all repairs as fast as possible.

So my car is getting a new short block and turbo covered under warranty. My question is this: since the engine will be out it, labor should be "pennies" to throw in an up/down pipe right or does it really matter?

So my car is getting a new short block and turbo covered under warranty. My question is this: since the engine will be out it, labor should be "pennies" to throw in an up/down pipe right or does it really matter?

Where are you getting it done? From a labor standpoint it wouldn't be too intensive if the block is out of it. I'd def do the up/down pipe while you're there.

Where are you getting it done? From a labor standpoint it wouldn't be too intensive if the block is out of it. I'd def do the up/down pipe while you're there.

Getting er done at SOG. It turns out they are quite amazing. Another shop had misdiagnosed my CEL and misfires as needing a valve job. For some reason I decided to take it up to SOG to see what they said. They found misfires on all cylinders plus VTT codes. From that point they found chunks of metal in the oil pan and on top of the oil filter. Recommended a short block replacement. After much consternation I remembered the 3 month, 3k mile warranty that the car was under. Service adviser Shuan, handled the warranty company, put me in a loaner and sent me on my way. The best experience I have ever had at a dealer. I am really impressed with SOG and Hendrick Automotive Group for standing by the vehicles they sell.

Any other service/upgrade recommendations while they are in there?

Well it depends on what parts you have or want to get. I'd do up/down pipes, if you were to do bigger injectors then would be the time to do it. Are you keeping stock turbo or bigger? I assume OEM based on SOG recommendation.

Thanks benfrancis. I don't have any parts yet and they stated I couldn't get a bigger turbo even if I paid the difference because invoice has to reflect the OEM turbo to be paid by warranty company (at least thats what they told me lol).

Thanks benfrancis. I don't have any parts yet and they stated I couldn't get a bigger turbo even if I paid the difference because invoice has to reflect the OEM turbo to be paid by warranty company (at least thats what they told me lol).

Yeah that's pretty standard for a dealer. SoG does good work, obviously I'm partial to my team at SoK but can't go wrong with those guys. That being said, what are your inevitable goals for the car? From there I can give better recommendations.

Yeah that's pretty standard for a dealer. SoG does good work, obviously I'm partial to my team at SoK but can't go wrong with those guys. That being said, what are your inevitable goals for the car? From there I can give better recommendations.

My goal is to put down about 50 more ponies, and to extend the powerband so it doesnt run out of steam on the top end like it does now. It has to be very reliable and safe since I haul kids in it and its my only car. I am also interested in eliminating some roll in the turns without making it a slot car

Well unlocking more hp can be done multiple ways so that's up to you. From the suspension side of the house.. Suspension mods are a massive upgrade for our cars: steering rack, sway bars and bushings, strut tower bar, LCA bushings (a bit more intensive)