LegacyGT.com

Suspension Ideas

Okay so I've had the legacy now for a few months and was set on just keeping it stock... that is until I came across this forum! I don't want to do anything drastic, just make my every day drive a little more enjoyable. With that said I've had some suspension ideas in mind.

I've read about Raceland Coilovers and how the product has had some mixed reviews. Although they are very attractive for the price. I am also wondering whether I should go the coilover route or just go with a strut/spring set-up (KYB GR2's paired with H&R springs maybe).

Again, this car is my daily driver, and I do like spirited driving and take corners aggressively. Please feel free to chime in. Thanks!

Racelands make your car low, and that's about all. For the price and warranty they're not a bad deal but they won't handle like a thousand dollar coilover setup. Our legacys handle pretty well from the factory and I'd say they would be a downgrade from stock suspension unless you have blown struts. I have bc's on my legacy and I love them, and Racelands on my miata. Trust me like you've probably read a thousand times you get what you pay for.

I have the GR2s with the H&Rs and love em. Although the most drastic improvment was a rear Rallitek sway bar. The front helped too but not as much. Falls Church huh. I live in Reston. Last word=Tires
RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

Racelands make your car low, and that's about all. For the price and warranty they're not a bad deal but they won't handle like a thousand dollar coilover setup. Our legacys handle pretty well from the factory and I'd say they would be a downgrade from stock suspension unless you have blown struts. I have bc's on my legacy and I love them, and Racelands on my miata. Trust me like you've probably read a thousand times you get what you pay for.

You can't really base your opinion of racelands for legacies on your miata set. Different cars. Especially since your miata set is made for miatas and the set people put on our legacies are made for the wrx so they're probably a bigger upgrade. Our stock springs definitely don't have 450/285 springrates.

I have the GR2s with the H&Rs and love em. Although the most drastic improvment was a rear Rallitek sway bar. The front helped too but not as much. Falls Church huh. I live in Reston. Last word=Tires

So how are they compared to stock suspension as far as body roll etc. Yeah I'm in the Falls Church area, but I actually am in Reston a lot. Maybe you could lend a fellow legacy owner a hand on some future projects? ;)

You can't really base your opinion of racelands for legacies on your miata set. Different cars. Especially since your miata set is made for miatas and the set people put on our legacies are made for the wrx so they're probably a bigger upgrade. Our stock springs definitely don't have 450/285 springrates.

I hear you. With the Racelands, will there be a problem connecting my brake lines as I've read in some posts since it's a wrx model-specific part?

Hey Falls Church guy, Here is a thread with photos of H&R springs before and after on my car. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/1996-legacy-h-r-springs-photos-before-after-160801.html?t=160801&highlight=H%26R+springs

As far as the body roll goes, the reduction was incredible. I do not give (much) credit to the springs for reducing body roll. (that is not the springs primary function) I insist you replace the sway bars and links for that. Easy to do yourself and best bang for the buck. If you choose Ralliteks, the rear is adjustable and come with some decent steel links, the front is fixed and do not come with links. What I noticed mostly with the springs was there is very little nose dive when braking.

RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

Archived