LegacyGT.com

bumper to bumper warranty?

My headlights keep going out. I called the dealer they said not covered under the warranty. I was like I thought I was bumper to bumper warranty. I go for oil change they tell me alternator belt is starting to rip. I go is it covered under the warranty. He goes no. So what is point of bumper to bumper warranty lol

As far as I know, the bumper to bumper warranty is only 3 years/36,000 miles. I think your 7yr/100k warranty may be a powertrain warranty. Is it a certified pre-owned car?

Standard maintenance items are never warranty. Oil changes, wiper blades, belts, tires, belts, brake pads ect..... However things like brake calipers, belt tensioner, wiper motors things like that would be....

Currently there are two different CPO plans available, http://www.subaru.com/vehicles/certified-pre-owned.html:

Option 1

7 year or 100,000 Miles CPO "Classic" Wrap-around plan

with Roadside Assistance

Classic plans cover nearly 1000 parts in all major component areas, including engine, transmission, drivetrains, front suspension, steering, brakes, electrical, cooling and fuel systems and air conditioning. Also provides towing and rental car reimbursement for covered repairs.

Option 2

7 year or 100,000 Miles CPO "Gold Plus" Wrap around plan

with Roadside Assistance

Gold Plus plans include all Classic plan coverage plus hundreds more parts. In fact they provide essentially the same "bumper-to-bumper" coverage as the basic factory warranty. Only a few maintenance items and body parts are not covered. The Gold Plus plan also reimburses for lodging and meals when a breakdown interrupts your out-of-town travel, and includes road hazard tire protection, computerized trip routing, dealer locator service and travel assistance.

Sounds like the "Gold Plus" covers some maintenance items, pretty cool. Check your purchase paperwork to see which one you have and what is covered.

The Gold Plus, will cover most items but not bulbs, shocks, brakes, wipers, tires, etc. Anything that is a maintenance item or wear and tear item they won't cover.

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/153798190.jpg

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived