LegacyGT.com

Gauging Interest-Skyline Drive Cruise in April or May?.

The Gray Ghost

Hey All:

I wanted to see if anybody would be down for a Skyline Drive cruise in April or May. I will set the date and time as soon as we get a decent head count. It is always a lot of fun going there!!. I was thinking possibly Mid-April or Mid-May. Please give me your thoughts.

I am certainly interested. Don't schedule it for between March 26 & April 5-10ish. That is prime Cherry Blossom time so folks will likely be less active. I'd say April is better, Also don't schedule anything just before tax day.

I'd say a "relief" cruise after tax day is best.

I'm interested because I have my HDSLR now and I'm itching to shoot, shoot, and do more shooting. I want to get paid, but I know that's not likely, but maybe I'll sell the video as stock later.

I'll (likely) be out May 6 through May 18th chasing tornadoes out west.

As far as where to go on Skyline, my "scooping locations" efforts in the past, for other reasons, suggests points south of Luray.

I am going to schedule this for mid april or mid may like I said earlier...I will post a poll soon. The park is free for 1 week also as you can see in the url. We usually meet up in Front Royal at the south end of the park, between 10-11 am. This will be fun...Mid-April would be cool because of free admission guys and gals!!. I am trying to get at least 8-10 folks to go.

I am certainly interested. Don't schedule it for between March 26 & April 5-10ish. That is prime Cherry Blossom time so folks will likely be less active. I'd say April is better, Also don't schedule anything just before tax day.

I'd say a "relief" cruise after tax day is best.

I'm interested because I have my HDSLR now and I'm itching to shoot, shoot, and do more shooting. I want to get paid, but I know that's not likely, but maybe I'll sell the video as stock later.

I'll (likely) be out May 6 through May 18th chasing tornadoes out west.

As far as where to go on Skyline, my "scooping locations" efforts in the past, for other reasons, suggests points south of Luray.

Well, if you know of better areas for a cruise..please advise. I have always had a great time, plus we can do a BBQ also if folks are interested.

Count me in, depending on the weekend. My GF and I have been looking for a good time to hit up a few VA wineries in the spring when the weather is nice so one winery day followed by a Legacy caravan on the Skyline Drive would make for a great weekend!

Might I recommend that some of the drive take place on 211? Last time we were out there, I had lots of fun since this road is very twisty with ascending and descending turns and a 45 mph speed limit which allows for some sporty driving.

Count me in, depending on the weekend. My GF and I have been looking for a good time to hit up a few VA wineries in the spring when the weather is nice so one winery day followed by a Legacy caravan on the Skyline Drive would make for a great weekend!

Might I recommend that some of the drive take place on 211? Last time we were out there, I had lots of fun since this road is very twisty with ascending and descending turns and a 45 mph speed limit which allows for some sporty driving.

I can definitely get out if tell her we'll hit some wineries...

I can definitely get out if tell her we'll hit some wineries...

There are a bunch of great wineries just east of the North entrance to the Skyline drive along route 66. I would recommend Fox Meadows Winery, Aspen Dale Winery and the Barrel Oak Wineries. Last time we spent a day visiting a few wineries, spent a night at a very nice and romantic inn called L'Auberge Provencale and then the next day driving the Skyline Drive and visiting Lurray Caverns. It is a perfect overnight/weekend getaway and only about an hour to an hour and a half outside of DC.

hmmm.....sounds like a plan...just have to find a sitter for the mutts

Believe it or not, most of the wineries we went to (I know Barrel Oak and Aspen Dale for sure) are dog friendly, as long as they are well behaved. There were a few cool golden labs and a little terrier when we went this past weekend. You may also be able to find a bed and breakfast that allows dogs as well.

Believe it or not, most of the wineries we went to (I know Barrel Oak and Aspen Dale for sure) are dog friendly, as long as they are well behaved. There were a few cool golden labs and a little terrier when we went this past weekend. You may also be able to find a bed and breakfast that allows dogs as well.

The problem with my Shepard is, he is good around dogs that are cool with him...but if a dog snaps at him....its on. Plus the truck is my dogs.....the LGT is mine

Archived