LegacyGT.com

Wanted to Verify Tire fit

rustler753

I read the stickies, but I just want to make sure I'm not fudging my numbers, guys gonna order the setup tomorrow:

I run a stock suspension, and I am going with 225/40/18 Yoko S drives. I would like to run 235/40/18 but I am not sure if the tires will rub on a stock spring setup. According to the "Will it fit" sticky, they shouldn't but if someone could just verify that would be nice.

More then likely the tire will be 18x8.5" but they said I could use 18x8" for a 235 tire. The guide said fender rolling MAY be required, but I wanted to see if anyone has experience with this setup.

Um, what kind of car do you drive? Lets start there.

I run a 235/40/18 on a 18x8.5 wheel. I'm on COBB springs as well. I have NO rubbing issues whatsoever. Even after a few spirited drives, no issues.

I drive a legacy GT limited >_>;

I'm on stock springs, and I would be running 18x8" wheels on a 235/40/18. I'm just concerned about rubbing.

What offset are the wheels?

There are two wheels I'm considering:

Drag Wheels: DR-33

OFFSET:

18" - 42mm / 45mm

or DR-9

OFFSET:

18" - 40mm

to recap: 235/40/18 on a 18x8" Wheel with a 42mm/45mm offset: will that fit on a stock suspension on a 2005 legacy gt limited with no rubbing?

to recap: 235/40/18 on a 18x8" Wheel with a 42mm/45mm offset: will that fit on a stock suspension on a 2005 legacy gt limited with no rubbing?

Bamp, need to know by tomorrow, he's ordering the tires/wheels by noon monday :spin:

Archived