LegacyGT.com

Difference Questions

GT brakes are different. I'm not sure about springs/sways, or axles and diff.

You're wanting to buy a 2.5i and put a GT drivetrain in it?

I'm debating between the two... An EJ207 v8 will be going in it... Basically I'm wanting to know which will be a better chassis to use...

I'm debating between the two... An EJ207 v8 will be going in it... Basically I'm wanting to know which will be a better chassis to use...

Sorry, why would you want to do that ?

You must have lots of money to fix all the issues from doing that.

Just buy a GT, do the DP and tune.

Put your money somewhere else will it will net you better performance.

It seems that once a week lately someone comes on here and ask about a ej207 in these cars.

Sorry I'm old school. Whats the benefit of doing that, or are you from another country where the car comes that way ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

So are you looking to make big HP #'s ?

I would think there should be enough room, guy's put rotated set-ups in these cars.

I'm just trying to help you decide if it's worth spending your money if your not looking for big HP.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I'm looking for decently big but not huge.. Somewhere around 400-450ish. Decent number of hp, but I don't want to overdue do it to the point where I'll have to start beefing up the axles, tranny, rear diff etc.

Well for starters the 207 has a forged bottom end better heads and a twin scroll vf39 turbo, sounds like a pretty good starting point to me, regardless if it's .5l smaller than a 257...

Whoa, watch out, Max Capacity! This guy's got knowledge!

Whoa, watch out, Max Capacity! This guy's got knowledge!

Just answering the guys question as to why I want a 207..... To me, it comes off as a good starting point. Hbu? What are your thoughts and opinions as to what motor I should get and put in my car? :)

All's good, just asking, trying to make sure he knows what it's going to cost. I like to keep things domestic when it comes to needing replacement parts.

Not sure if you know a great machine shop close to you ? A good shop can build you a nice ej25 that will handle that hp. Pick out a nice turbo and fmic and the rest of the supporting parts from the vendors on here.

Guy's like the "Mikes"; Mike at www.AZPinstalls.com or Mike, (m sprank) of www.infamousperformance.net these guy's have been around the block a few times and know there stuff. Ask them for ideas and buy your parts them. Both help out here for free and are trying to keep the brick and mortar shops going. Both will give you great customer service.

My Tuner, Mike Kinsman, of www.tuningalliance.com pays to be a vendor in here, I support him when ever I can.

BTW the stock 5mt seem to hold will up to about 350ftlbs. Didn't notice if you have 5eat ? If so Dave (aka climberD@HEXmods) has parts for them.

All's good, just asking, trying to make sure he knows what it's going to cost. I like to keep things domestic when it comes to needing replacement parts.

Not sure if you know a great machine shop close to you ? A good shop can build you a nice ej25 that will handle that hp. Pick out a nice turbo and fmic and the rest of the supporting parts from the vendors on here.

Guy's like the "Mikes"; Mike at www.AZPinstalls.com or Mike, (m sprank) of www.infamousperformance.net these guy's have been around the block a few times and know there stuff. Ask them for ideas and buy your parts them. Both help out here for free and are trying to keep the brick and mortar shops going. Both will give you great customer service.

My Tuner, Mike Kinsman, of www.tuningalliance.com pays to be a vendor in here, I support him when ever I can.

BTW the stock 5mt seem to hold will up to about 350ftlbs. Didn't notice if you have 5eat ? If so Dave (aka climberD@HEXmods) has parts for them.

Well ultimately this thread was for me to choose a chassis, I'm leaning toward the GT, fewer parts I'll need to swap out. Of course I know I'll need a STi rear diff, as well as spec b rear axles. I can use existing motor and tranny mounts no problem.

As far as transmission, I will be using the 6 speed that comes with the swap. As I re read, I didn't specify that I was getting the compete EJ207 swap, not just the motor.

Thank you for your knowledge and support of our vendors I will def keep them in mind as I will eventually need supporting mods.

Your welcome, we're here to help, just need to ask the right questions and have all the info so we can make good recommendations.

Sounds like your better off picking up a 07-09 Spec B. Good luck finding one of them for cheap.

But you should be able to find the r180 rear diff and axles on line some where, do a web search for them. That's how I found my used r160 diff when I needed one.

Your welcome, we're here to help, just need to ask the right questions and have all the info so we can make good recommendations.

Sounds like your better off picking up a 07-09 Spec B. Good luck finding one of them for cheap.

But you should be able to find the r180 rear diff and axles on line some where, do a web search for them. That's how I found my used r160 diff when I needed one.

See that was my initial thought, picking up a spec b, but those cars are of a rarity and so gorgeous I'd rather not buy one and completely rip it apart... That's kind of why I'd like to keep it to a 2.5i or GT.

On the other I might be able to save a couple grand and just pick up a. 2.5i and use the difference to buy all new sti axles and rear diff for it and do my swap that way...

I'm no expert, but I think the 2.5i may need more wiring to get that swap to work.

I assume you have another car to drive while your doinig this...?

I think your better off with a GT because of the bigger brakes it comes with. Just easier overall. Ever now and then one pop's up for under 6000.

I'm no expert, but I think the 2.5i may need more wiring to get that swap to work.

I assume you have another car to drive while your doinig this...?

I think your better off with a GT because of the bigger brakes it comes with. Just easier overall. Ever now and then one pop's up for under 6000.

Yes I have another daily driver, and I probably will go with the GT

Archived