LegacyGT.com

AWD issues. please any help!

Hi every one. I have a 97 Subaru Legacy L 2.2 auto. It has 148000 on the car. 100000 on motor

Here is my problem the AWD is not working so this is what I know the AT oil light comes on when the car first starts then the light turns off in 1.5 seconds. But it does not flash rapid just comes on then off. There is no fuse in FWD slot. This what I have tried drained trans fluid was dark brown/black so I replaced fluid. No luck with the AWD. I have noticedat speeds higher than 60-65 I can hear tick tick tick non stop at those speeds. sounds like its coming from the trans or the rear transfer not sure. If someone could give any more knowledge about what I can do :)thanks to you all

I love subaru this is my 3rd

1st 93 subaru legacy fwd

2nd 93 subaru legacy sport turbo awd

3rd 97 subaru legacy L wagon awd

I am having both issues, sorry just scene your reply thank you:-) is it possibly the clutch in the rear transfer since there is no electrical?

Have u tried putting it on jackstand and starting it and putting it in gear and slowly letting off the brake and someone see if the driveline to the rear is turning or not

I will go to subaru shop and get the tcu checked. Yes I have had on stands it has no drive to the rear the rear diff is smooth and works properly but no power from the rear transfer. Thank you for your help :-)

Archived