LegacyGT.com

Free extended warranty.

Just an FYI our friends over at SOA arent that bad. My leggy was in the shop 7 different times for the check engine light.. they've replaced an injector, the entire ECU, and the master wire harness. For all my troubles SOA is giving me a free 100,000 mi. 7 year warranty... Pretty darn good if you ask me... The other option was they were going to do a buy back... I'll stick with the warranty though...

+3 or another car all together. By the time your regular warrenty is gone they would have fixed all of the abnormalitis anyway man. I pray all goes well with mine because I do very much like the car. But replacing a 'puter AND a main harness would leed me to my lemon law booklet.

if the car has been made right (and is still low mi.), then i think the ext. warranty was the smarter choice

correct me if i'm wrong, but a buyback involves a formula which takes into account the current mileage, not to mention he might not be able to get a similar finance rate that he currently has.

additionally, with a new car, he would only be worry-free (from repairs) for the next 36K mi.; now, he can relax for nearly the next 100K mi. -- cut him some slack

if the car has been made right (and is still low mi.), then i think the ext. warranty was the smarter choice

correct me if i'm wrong, but a buyback involves a formula which takes into account the current mileage, not to mention he might not be able to get a similar finance rate that he currently has.

additionally, with a new car, he would only be worry-free (from repairs) for the next 36K mi.; now, he can relax for nearly the next 100K mi. -- cut him some slack

Just an FYI our friends over at SOA arent that bad. My leggy was in the shop 7 different times for the check engine light.. they've replaced an injector, the entire ECU, and the master wire harness. For all my troubles SOA is giving me a free 100,000 mi. 7 year warranty... Pretty darn good if you ask me... The other option was they were going to do a buy back... I'll stick with the warranty though...

Just doesn't sound like the car was made right :rolleyes: . You're right though, it would involve the details involved in the buyback. If it wasn't a straight buyback of the original purchase price that changes a lot.

- The Mortgage Man

Since your getting full coverage your good to go for 100,000 miles.

would you buy an audi or kia that comes with 10yr/100K warranty?

if there is something wrong with a car, get rid of it asap! having a lemon fixed every few months or so, even for free, is not fun at all.

This Space For Rent

The buy back would be for the original purchase price of the car. So the 3K i rolled over from the WRX would still be there. I also will not qualify for the current rate that I have on the Leggy. Weighed the options and figured that the extended warranty would be the best choice... Hell if the car ends up taking a dump on me its not my problem. I'll probably only keep the car until the Skyline GTR comes out any how ;) plus I treated myself to a spaking new Yamaha R6 over the weekend for all my troubles.

891831717_PIX__69111.JPG.cb6d98c235c362c68f6e7c2f276f7d21.JPG

3 times is an auto buy back (lemon) law in Mass......

gotta have them take it back

Same here in MD, also where the thread starter is from. Three times in the shop with problems that make the car "unsafe" to drive= buy back.

additionally, with a new car, he would only be worry-free (from repairs) for the next 36K mi.; now, he can relax for nearly the next 100K mi.

Well, yes and no. The reason they are called warranties and not guarantees is that people make mistakes and things don't always go as they should. In ever type of car you will find the odd car that just has a lot of problems. Hopefully in this case it is not the case and the problem is fixed. The main reason SOA offered the buy back is that they knew that after the same problem 3 times you can sue under lemon laws in most, if not all, states. But it is VERY nice to see a company that doesn't wait for that to happen and offer up front. Most manuf. will not do anything until you get the lawyer involved.

I hope it has been resolved, in which case the warranty would be good...

Archived